New to me mini bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

212ccmbx10

Reaction score
So I bought a new mini bike. Just something to get started that was cheap and able to be used for shenanigans.
It is a Motovox Mbx10 chassis with a predator 212cc engine. It is all stock besides the engine swap. Also, the seat was reupholstered, but the stock exhaust melted the bottom...
Frame has been repainted recently but got used shortly after.

SO bought it Thursday, then Friday I took it out with a buddy who then laid it out :mad:

Got it home today and started making sure everything was alright. Well long story short the clutch got bent and was rubbing. So i took that off and ran it to make sure it didn't warp or bend the crank and that looks fine.

So not even three days in and its almost completely torn apart.

Questions:
1) What parts to I need to get by to take the govener? I've seen its just an arc billet flywheel and rod but just want to be sure.
2) What cvt (torque converter) should it go with?
3) What sprocket sizing should I go with? I'm not looking for high speed just a moderate acceleration with slight speed. Saw a 54 tooth works well on the back.
4) Suspension... these obviously don't have suspension, they were cheap mini bikes.

ultimately
5) should I just scrap the whole thing and get a different chassis...

Thanks for the help,
212ccMbx10

Welcome to Minirider's

Make sure you drop in here and introduce yourself

Those bike's look like a lot of fun, i would be keeping it and fixing it up

Bad new's about the seat melting.
Sound's like you need to make up a heat shield, and use some heat proof tape on that.
There are a heap of different heat proof wrap's/shield's etc out there these days
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...bih=965#tbm=isch&q=heat+proof+exhaust&imgrc=_

With the Torque Convertor conversion have you seen this recent thread?
http://www.miniriders.com/mini-chat...-shaft-baja-mini-mt200-need-pretty-quick.html

Cheer's, Craig

I also need help finding new forks now... After the crash I didn't notice, but now that I have it apart I can see the front forks are bent BAD. Like beyond useable... BUT the mbx10 and mbx11 front forks are both sold out... just my luck

Latest posts

Back