New widowmaker 150 mini rider

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awhittak89

Reaction score
Hey i am a motox rider that had to sell my 450 because i wrote it off and could not afford to fix it so i just bought a widowmaker 150 and i was wondering what bore kits and cams can you get to make this thing as fast as possible.

It says on plate 157fmj i dont know much about it but i have showa forks and shock to put on it from a mates custom sdg he stuffed up so that will fix the **** suspension. Im not sure if its a gpx or yx it doesnt say only the number on the plate

I dont get it. I put it in google and it comes up with a vertical type motor instead of the horizontal type thats in it f'in chinese crap i guess ill just blow it up and get a new motor

Last edited:
It says on plate 157fmj i dont know much about it but i have showa forks and shock to put on it from a mates custom sdg he stuffed up so that will fix the **** suspension. Im not sure if its a gpx or yx it doesnt say only the number on the plate

If i remember right im pretty sure the 157fmj is a shineray 150cc. not sure if the head studs line up with the yx-gpx big bore gear. All i get when i google it is vertical engines, but have seen these in bikes at work and the case is marked 157fmj. This is the link China Chongqing Shineray Motorcycle Co.,Ltd. to shineray engines and i cant see it. Hope this helps mate.

Quick question, does the engine look like the one in this pic, this is the 150 that is marked 157fmj that i saw at work.
150ccmanual.jpg

Yea rotn thats the one bro. Are they reliable and r they able to be worked?

Not sure dude, ive seen a few come and go at work and only one had to be pulled down as one of the bearings had fractured and caused a mess in the case, nothing i havent seen in lifans and some other engines, as for them taking big bore kits and the other gear im not to sure at all, if i get a chance i will grab the engine mentioned and try and measure up some bits to see if anything yx-ish or gpx gear will suit, as far as i know the shineray 150cc also comes in electric start and with a reverse and is so far the only 150cc that i have seen with reverse and semi auto(maybe other semi 150s with reverse, but not sure).

Yea if u could try measure up the head studs that will be great bro. I spose for now ill keep riding it and see how reliable it is and write a review. Cheers for the help guys

Hey mate, there is no chance of fitting big bore yx gear to the shineray, i took a yx head to the bosses today to check it on the engine and its not even close, so just ride and enjoy and when it dies get your hands on a yx or gpx donk.

No worries bro im ordering a yx 150 from blyco tommorow. The last thing i want is the thing to blow and be stuck in the middle of nowhere

All good dude, Atleast the shineray will be a good backup engine if ever needed.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Latest posts

Back