New ycf 125 pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locko90

Reaction score
New ycf 125cc need better seat

Hey guys i picked up a ycf start 125 the other day.

Was in pretty beat up cond but its a 2016 mod so not very old.

So staright off the bat the things it needed, a new rear tube, new rear wheel bearings, new rear shock, a carby clean, and a more comfortable seat lol.

Only things i need for it atm is the new seat and rear shock, (270mm original shock) i have my eye on a 270mm fast ace shock on dhz web site atm.

But apon taking the seat off its not like the crf or klx seat. The seat is apart of the plasitcs.

So my question is where can i get a better seat for one of these bikes. Not really interested in one from ycf/braap as there too narrow and stiff. Im wanting something more comfortable.

Was thinking about takeing to a upholsterers (if i cant get a better aftermarket seat) and see if they can modify the original seat to make it bigger and more softer.

But heres a few pics of it. Its got centrifical clutch 4 speed do should be good for the misses to learn on. But yeah need that new shock and better seat before its rideable.

20180722_162435.jpg

20180722_162519.jpg

20180722_162336.jpg

Last edited:
Killer mate yeah think your kinda stuck as far as the seat goes between buying from ycf or braaap tbh they’d help you out with finding a replacement but otherwise just get it reupholster’d some thicker foam try buy Dnm rear suspension there fully adjustable or yeah fast ace pretty sure dhz sell em
I think the graphics pretty cool I reacon :) great bike man there frames are build really well too ��

as rear shocks, its either genuine or custom fit bushes to an ebay one, as the diameter of the bolts are 12mm
most pitbike's on the market run 10mm, as for the fastace ones, they're made for crf50's with A swingarm design config and will result in your bike being WAY to soft in the rear!
the seat will come away from the plastics, there should be some phillip headed screws in the base of the seat connecting the plastics to the seat as such,go on dhz and pick up a crf50 tall seat, (more foam) ;) and a much better riding position,
good score tho! good bikes!

Oh yeah i didnt think of that mate. In that case would i be able to get away with rinning a 280mm gpx. Ill just use 10m bolts with spacers to tighten it well and stop it floging around

will have to wait and see how she goes man, hopefully the 10mm difference wont rasise the rear too much and make it handle weird though.

im steering clear of all cheapo ebay shocks, not worth the money in my opinion. far better off putting towards a decent one

Latest posts

Back