Newby! and New Purchase today.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done.

I have another rear flat on the 110cc. 10 inch wheel so a bit of a drama to change. Bike shop will do it for $40.00 though so I may just call it a consumable and be done with it.

Glad to hear your work is starting to pay off.

Enjoy your ride and get some pics of your sons face. that will be a memory worth hanging on to.

Logic

Right. So the back wheel's on. The bike is operational and ready to roll. Will we get it out this weekend I wonder?? Well, oldest is at Scouts sleepover thing, so I won't see him till 10AM, then Sunday morning & lunch are out. So probably not. :(.

Might give it a birl around the back yard though!

Hi Chaps, here's the completed bike. No birl around the backyard on the weekend. Sigh. Time. it fleets. (Tempis Fugit!)

20022011614.JPG

and

20022011615.JPG

Bit different to old one eh?
Original_01.JPG

original_03.JPG

Who ever said you can't polish an old turd?!
Looks magnificent, I personally don't see the value of doing it to an old orian dunga, I'm sure if I had a son that was keen to learn it would be a different story though ha ha!
Good work bud! + reps

Hi Always,

What a huge difference. Amazing.

Well done. I don't think anyone would even recognise it as the same bike.

Logic

Well done mate, she sure has come a long way from the first few post's.

I bet you've learnt a heap to!

Oh and Norway, you'll understand one day!

Sure have guys - thanks for all the help & encouragement. Couldn't have done it without ya!

Also in other news - I've booked in with my wife to have a saturday off with my lad, on the trails. I told him tonight and he could hardly sleep he was so excited!

My wife's stoked too because a) he's into it, b) he's out of the cupboard scrounging for food! :)

Ciao lads.

im happy as for ya mate ive been reading all through every step of what youve been doin its awesome as, your sons would be cheering :) i bought a turd bike for my girl and now its pretty trick..
kinda made me wish i had of taken before and after photos :(

Nice! Im impressed! You should keep going though. new brakes, suspension...etc..maybe even put a yx engine in! You can get a YX oil cooled 160cc engine for a few hundred dollars. This could be even better than it already is. But congrats anyway!

oh the joy of turning a VW into a Rolls Royce... specially when the kids are involved..

top work mate..

Hi Guys - Today we went for a spin in the muddy mud! lots of fun, plenty of spinning wheels, spraying mud and sand everywhere. Unfortunately the bike is just too big for my boy at the moment - but we rode it together (he sat in front). Lots of fun!

I thought you might like to see some pics.

Testing out Caleb's Dirt Bike | Facebook

Lots of fun!

Got pretty tired, and pretty wet and muddy.

Also lost one bolt (holding the heat shield onto the muffler). Wired that back on.

Stalled it in the water - Big Big puddle and it got flooded. Managed to drain carby and pull the air filter off (all whilst raining) and re-start.

Glad I took tools!

Lots of fun. Bit concerned about the size of the bike in relation to my boy - he's too short to properly hold it upright.

And its !!! powerful! goes really fast (a handful!)

Might need a smaller framed one, with a smaller engine for him to get used to.

Anyway - lots of fun.

Hi, the yellow plastics you have on the finished project....did you get them from ebay. The reason I really want to know is because I want to know if I can get any CRF50 style plastics off ebay and they will fit my DHZ DPRO 160cc (that says it fits crf50 style plastics) as the DHZ DPRO 160 sticker kit is not to good looking. Thanks mate. By looking at the photo of your boy with his motorbike, depending on how much he wants to ride it....it doent look like it will be long before he grows and can fit it.

Hi, the yellow plastics you have on the finished project....did you get them from ebay. The reason I really want to know is because I want to know if I can get any CRF50 style plastics off ebay and they will fit my DHZ DPRO 160cc (that says it fits crf50 style plastics) as the DHZ DPRO 160 sticker kit is not to good looking. Thanks mate. By looking at the photo of your boy with his motorbike, depending on how much he wants to ride it....it doent look like it will be long before he grows and can fit it.

yes you can, ANY crf50 style plastics WILL FIT

Yeah mate - if you look back through the thread to about page 1 or 2 you'll see an ebay purchase for plastics ~$30 incl. postage.

And yes, we'll hang onto the bike until he can fit it. Might fit the smaller engine though to make it 'safer'. :)

I might get a larger frame to fit me.. and fit the 125 engine to that, then we can ride together!

hi love what you and your son have do im 13 and im doing one up too i added you on facebook JAKEG398
p.s where did you get your stickers from

Hi Jake.

I got the plastics from Ebay :) I just looked up CRF50 stickers on ebay too - there's heaps for about $30 CRF50 stickers, Cars, Bikes, Boats items at low prices on eBay.com.au

I didn't spend a lot of money on stickers - I got them from the local motorbike shop - a bit of free advertising for Mick @ MTM MTM Motorcycle Tyres and Mechanical Motorbike Parts Accessories Service DYNO Tuning Brisbane

Good luck! I think it's a really great project. Do you have a Dad or older fella to work with you on it? It always helps to have someone older & wiser to walk the road with *and it's a great experience too - lifelong friendships.

My Brother helped me out when I first started & I was 13 - we did up an ancient F11 Kawasaki trials/enduro bike. Great experience.

Latest posts

Back