NGK Iridium Plugs?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyboyz

Reaction score
Hey, Just wondering if you guys use these and if there is much difference between Iridium and the normal NGK other than the price. Is CR7HIX the right plug for the pit bikes?

yeah that is the right one.
it gives a better spark and a cleaner burn, bike starts easier too
i have one in mine

Cheers guys, just wondering if they're worth the extra money as the c7hsa i can get for $4 and the iridium are $18

Well I just had a squirt round the yard, and possibly up the street? ;)

Straight off the bat the bikes idleing a lot higher?? It did seem a bit snappier in little blurts that I have it round the yard but that could just be the higher idle too? My new lead and coil should arrive tomorrow, so should be able to give you a proper answer then because I'll try both plugs.

Can't really say much on the easy starting front because Betsy is a dependable steed!

I hope for my own sake they make a decent difference! Because I brought two.:)

do any of you guys Run spitfire leads or thetakegawa hyper coil and do they make a difference? like is it worth getting one of the leads and the iridium plug or is the difference not that noticeable from the stock set up?

i have a Splitfire lead and Irridium plug.
you can hear the difference straight away, (kick it over with the plug not screwed in, just touching the head)
the crackle from the plug sparking is about 3 times louder than with just a stock lead.
the smaller tip of the Irridium plug doesn't foul as easy as a standard plug, and it ignites the air/fuel mix better

I've had both the spitfire lead and taki hyper coil. Pulled them both apart and all I can say is I run hyper coils on my bikes but with a NGK lead. The splitfire isn't worth it mate it's just two thinner wires rather then a thick wire like the NGK. Noticed an improvement but a bigger improvement with the hyper and NGK.
I run hypercoil, NGK lead and an iridium plug. Just make sure when you join everything up you get the screw prong dead centre of the core.
& like Craig said you'll basically never foul an iridium plug, heaps better starting.

it isn't just the lead brendo a lot of it is in the adapter, it has a capacitor in it.
the capacitor stores the charge/power going through the lead and when it reaches its' peak it lets it go through to the spark plug
this means it is putting out a consistant high voltage/high amps at any rpms

the Splitfire lead is about half the price of the NGK lead too

so the Best option would be the hyper coil and the NGK lead? is the improvement worth the price as I'm on a bit of a budget and the spitfire lead is $20 the hyper coil just its self was about $50 i think and id need to get the NGK lead on top of that?

i wouldn't think there would be much of an advantage running the NGK lead on the Takegawa Hyper coil?

that NGK Coil is very cheap, they are normally $50 - $55 for the same thing on ebay

Latest posts

Back