Nice & Shiny but what are they.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help with identification

• Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Y

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have recently bought a DHZ 160 and am doing it up slowly. I have attached photos but what I have are cylinders (Chromed to look pretty) mounted either side of the carby with what looks like a breather hose coming out from the top of the cylinder head. Seems also to be a breather tucked up under the rear mud guard.

I'm not sure if its a breather or even some basic injection.

Anyone help me identify what they are and if I need them.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 10
yeah they are breathers, one on the valve cover looks to have a kink in it, and there will be a breather coming out of the crankcase near the back on the left side..

Well after inspection I found that the previous owner also had them for looks, mainly, and hence the smaller one has been removed. All vent pipework has been directed, without kinks and fed through the large one.

And good point, I will clean it out very soon as the smaller one had crud dripping from it.

You don’t really need to run a catch can you can just run both lines to the atmosphere they look awesome but you shouldn’t be getting any blow by in the first place I mean after a ride if the can is full then you need to put a sealed cover on the inlet valve coz you just be losing oil that your motor needs if you get me
Or just ran a fitting back into the block so it’s just recycling your oil but you need to put a filter on the catch can

I took it for a spin for the first time today and no signs of any issues such as oil from the block venting out. It looks tidy having the pipes feed into the cylinder apart from the carby bowl overflow which is to atmosphere and under the engine. I'm going for a spin tomorrow and after this I will clean it out into the clean bucket to see what sort of crap gets in.

Latest posts

Back