Nitrous 150 build.... how to get the most out an ebay junker

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took the nitrous out for a good flogging today and it went awsome....
handles a shitload better than the old shitpro klx style with the same mods, just goes where you point it and way lighter and easier to throw around.
figured out I was turning the clicker on the forks the wrong way so now I got that sorted they're useable but still have way too oil in em.....
I overshot a 5ft double completely and flatlanded from like 2.5meters high 2nd pinned.... the forks only compressed 50% of their travel... so yea oil change coming soon....

the 150 spinning up too quick and valve bouncing in 1st n 2nd is really shitting me... hardly ever valve bounced the 160 and i was running shorter gearing on the 160 too so yea slingerless with ORK makes a MASSIVE difference.... probly gonna go up a tooth on the front sprocket n maybe HD valve springs to try to get it to stop bouncing in 2nd, sucks for hillclimbs if you can't just pin out second all the way up

bottom line is this project was totally worth it, the nitrous outperforms the pitpro in every way.... way more fun to ride and handles a million times better.... plus no-more shame of riding and owning a pitpro hehe....

next comes bling.... gonna get a black seat and a sticker kit cuz white just sucks....

took the nitrous out for a good flogging today and it went awsome....
handles a shitload better than the old shitpro klx style with the same mods, just goes where you point it and way lighter and easier to throw around.
figured out I was turning the clicker on the forks the wrong way so now I got that sorted they're useable but still have way too oil in em.....
I overshot a 5ft double completely and flatlanded from like 2.5meters high 2nd pinned.... the forks only compressed 50% of their travel... so yea oil change coming soon....

the 150 spinning up too quick and valve bouncing in 1st n 2nd is really shitting me... hardly ever valve bounced the 160 and i was running shorter gearing on the 160 too so yea slingerless with ORK makes a MASSIVE difference.... probly gonna go up a tooth on the front sprocket n maybe HD valve springs to try to get it to stop bouncing in 2nd, sucks for hillclimbs if you can't just pin out second all the way up

bottom line is this project was totally worth it, the nitrous outperforms the pitpro in every way.... way more fun to ride and handles a million times better.... plus no-more shame of riding and owning a pitpro hehe....

next comes bling.... gonna get a black seat and a sticker kit cuz white just sucks....

Rip,
Sounds awesome mate! Great feedback on the 150, No doubt you will sort out the valve bouncing. Made me glad I went the 160 as you and a few others recomended way back. For me the 160 with ORK and OKO seems revvy without loosing the verstility of being able to pull higher gears or lugging it through a turn and torquing out. Great fun! I have not ridden a KLX style bike but it seems to handle really well. Would be cool to see what it ends up looking like once you change seats and graphics, Throw up some pics.
oldhack

All sounds good Rip, hopefully you get the new seat and graphics by parwan. Im going to chuck my old dirt tyres on my tard with my 150 he he.

lo, yea could do but I still think they'd only compress half way, was an epic flatland... that and the frame would give out eventually

Chicken... Flat landings are great fun and good for your ankles/knees/back etc ;)

Where in/around Melb do you go riding?

Chicken... Flat landings are great fun and good for your ankles/knees/back etc ;)

Where in/around Melb do you go riding?

mostly parwan lately, broady, franga.... wombat state forest
only been testing the nitrous at the local quarry but keen to hit parwan soon

Sweet... Might look into coming for a ride on dirt at some point, keeping busy learning motard at the moment.

When are you going to head down to the track for a go on the black stuff? :)

when someone buys me some tard wheels :p

I wanna get some wheels one day but cost so much.... so yea someone buy me some tard wheels

$235... You don't even need to re-space, they slot straight on to the Nitrous. Failing that, come down for a bit of a play on the nobbies or have a few laps on my bike :D

Contact JR for wheels :)

got some new bits for the pissashitty nitrous :)

an akunar a7 7mm cam... hd valve springs... akunar hi-comp piston
and a pe26 from DHZ.... was bloody cheap too

pe26 was easy as hell to jet.... it ain't perfect yet but was no hassle getting the bike running great.... so it's looking like a good OKO alternative for people who don't like the on/off switch effect of the flatslide

and WOW just f@#king WOW!!! the cam n springs has made a huge difference... no more valve bounce... 2nd gear power wheelies can just keep going... it used to just pop up then valve bounce n u had to change to 3rd... and 3rd didn't have the balls to wheelie.....
can sit there doing donuts in 1s't or second all day long now.... it used to take all of about 5seconds to valve boun ce in 1st over to 2nd then u hit 3rd n it'd be okay-
can't wait to get it jetted up n go for a proper ride

Nitrous 150 build 12.jpg

Nitrous 150 build 13.jpg

yeah those PE26's are a good carb, Sneezy's lil bro is running one on a shitpro 140... nice and clean jetting, good performance from idle to redline without the snap of the oko. Good carby for a girl.

h aha ha hah a

pfffft oko's are sweet but the pe delivers just as much power... only difference is the PE power is useable

and this coming from the total homo who bout a fake PE just cuz it had shiny bling bits.....
diamonds and jewelery and blah blah blah... blah blah..... these are just some of my FAAAAVORIT things!!!

are you planning to stick with this bike or eventually sell up and buy something else?

Hello community - DvDRip (James)'s mum here. James finished this bike he was building and rode it and now it has been on a couple of small rides with his brother as well as featuring at his memorial service in its glory.

The time has come for his family to sell this special bike as it will not be used by us as he was building it with far too much power etc!.

I am mentioning this here to see if anyone would like to purchase it or if anyone could help us estimate an appropriate cost for the sale? If you are interested or have some advise, please PM me.

Thanks, Dianne.
33419_408673707231_365410497231_4304314_967602_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back