No compression!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nar the kick start on hers does nothing. im saying my pitpro can kick start but only once warm. her tdr has had no lovin' wat so eva so no suprise its dead less then 12 months old

do you know what engine was in the TDR? it's pretty simple to fix a smashed kickstart gear if you can source the replacement parts

I could even do it for a small fee

also when i put it in first and pull the clutch in the bike doesn't roll.

Alright that little sentence has scared me as well.
The other day I noticed that the exact same thing happened to my PitPro XR 140.
I would click it up into 1st, pull the clutch in and it wouldnt roll, like it was just sitting in gear.
Also an additional concern... I started her up fine... warmed her up a bit (about 1min) but not as much as I usually would and then took off but it started to plop around and it felt like it was missing fires...
Then put it back into neutral and let it idol and warmed it up some more.
Took off and it was fine... any ideas?
Dad is not letting me check the timing or the valve clearances because he says if nothing is wrong than nothing needs to be changed (which is true) but im thinking this may be something wrong...
I will start her up tomorrow and see how she runs, if she does the same thing than I will try and convince dad again...
Sorry to get off topic rach!
Thanks, Mitch.

Dad is not letting me check the timing or the valve clearances because he says if nothing is wrong than nothing needs to be changed

that's true for the timing, the timing isn't just gonna change itself lol
but very untrue for valve clearance, you HAVE TO do it on new engines. not keeping them in check can damage your engine. I don't understand why you don't just go and do it? it takes 10 mins ffs

I don't understand why you don't just go and do it? it takes 10 mins ffs

I can see your point but I have always been a pretty responsible kid and he has specifically told me not to.
And if anything went wrong... I would be fucked XD
I am really tempted to :/

nar the kick start on hers does nothing. im saying my pitpro can kick start but only once warm. her tdr has had no lovin' wat so eva so no suprise its dead less then 12 months old

what sort of engine is in this TDR bike...at a guess im gona say a start in neutral only engine. try to de-adjust the clutch to see if it makes a difference(try the cable and the mechanism behind the round plate on the clutch cover). the clutch is mounted on the crankshaft on these engines and if is any clutch slip it wont kick the crank over...

I can see your point but I have always been a pretty responsible kid and he has specifically told me not to.
And if anything went wrong... I would be fucked XD
I am really tempted to :/

and mate if you know your bike has a problem (which has been outlined is the valves)but your not going to check your valves...then guess what...your bike will always have a problem and it will only get worse.

and to everyone.... 99% of the time if your bike has been sitting and you click it in to gear and try and roll it pulling the clutch in...the clutch wont work...

DvdRip you should look at my stupid bikes lol. I have to come pick up the rear suspension anyway!! If the mechanic don't fix my pit pro im so bring it hahaha. I don't really care much about the tdr not my bike. my friend should just hurry up and get a decent bike.. so im happy its broken haha coz she nevers comes to the track with me coz she knows her bike will break in half! haha

hmmm... I don't get it :confused:
but I know a mechanic would charge more than the engines worth to replace the starter gears,
and valve clearance you can just bring your bike over and I'll do it for nothing

I'm extremely HAPPY! Finally!!! I took the bike in this morning before work and the guy had a quick look over and said the vavles are out and the carbie is dirty dirty dirty! So his gonna sort all this stuff out. Said won't need parts so I will just be paying for a bit of labour. Getting it back before friday... guys pretty busy had sh!t loads of bikes everywhere. So I was very excited it wasn't anything to shocking. Also he kick started it! I weight like 40kgs so I probably don't have enough weight in me to give it a good hard kick! So thank god for that :) pretty much you guys were spot on from the start! But still not totally happy until I get to ride the bloody thing! haha

good stuff rach, I hope it runs like a dream when you get it back :D

^^^meant you could be tuning while you're tuning Dvdrip...

young fellas... gotta explain everything to em...

Hope the issues get sorted Rach, Tech and How-to sections have heaps of good hints to keep your bike in good order. :)

yeah i just took it up the court. much better, and i never realised how noise it was. I truely beleive everyone in langwarrin heard my test run lol. it wasn't so fun riding it with no front brake! still waiting on the one i brought from unit_mx... might go chase him up about it now so my bf can actually learn to ride the damn thing!! THANKS EVERYONE:):)

Man at 40 kgs I'd hope you're about 4'6" tall ... My 12 year old daughter weighs that much but she's in the proper proportions to her "Pixie Fairy" body type ... otherwise you should think of changing your ID to Olive Oyl ... And IF you're tall there's ... Praying Mantis or Anna Rexic ... lol ...

This thread should be a lesson to all who post questions about "Loss of compression" ... Check those f'ing valve clearances on a regular basis , clean and oil that air filter as soon as it starts to even look like it's getting dirty , and drain the float bowl every now and then ...

That Mitch kids dad sounds like a bit of a dill brain ... too th'cared to check a few simple things out that could prevent permanent engine damage ...

That Mitch kids dad sounds like a bit of a dill brain ... too th'cared to check a few simple things out that could prevent permanent engine damage ...

I've tried to tell him all this..
its not working
By the way rach, well done and hope you will have fun on it :D

The advice given by the guys is meant to teach others how to do their own checks and mechanical work in order to save them from unnecessary headaches and wasting their MONEY ...

If a mechanic does your work for you then that's great ... you've employed someone and helped pay their wage ... but you yourself will learn sweet FA unless he lets you watch and guides you thru the procedures ...

The whole idea behind "having a go" ... is to teach yourself a new skill ... one that you will use many , many times in the future if you continue to ride 4 stroke pit bikes ... so IF you confine your mechanical ability to the scardy cat "cocoon" stage ... you'll be forever watching your hard earned cash or savings emerge from the "chrysalis" stage then flutter away in the wind like a blossoming flutterby ...

Latest posts

Back