NO dipstick... How to tell???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch east

Reaction score
Hey guys, new bike came yesterday, ive dropped transport oil and need to replace it, got motul but anyways, with it having no dipstick, do i just fil until the clear window on the side is filled with oil??? Specs say 1.1LT......

put 1.1lt in? , i wouldnt no i always use the dipstick to tell

i thought it was around 1lt so to much oil cant hurt can it ?

best to have not enough oil than too much!!!!! Check window on side is showing full of oil,only put 800ml in though so i guess we'll see how it goes

put what ever your manual says to put in if it says 1.1ltrs then do that get ya self a measuring jug and go from there.......if you put to much in it will have to much pressure in your engine and thats not good....

I run mine with the oil to the top of the sight glass when not running. 1 . 1 litres was too much in mine and it poured out the breather. I gather you have a lifan 150?

Wheres your dipstick????

hehehe, that can be answered so funnily!(is that a word?)

is the bike on a side stand when you are checking the level? it SHOULD be sitting flat, both wheels on the ground, but as roost said, follow the manual and things should work out..

bet ya kickin yaself for not measuring how much 'transport oil' came out of it now eh!

I run mine with the oil to the top of the sight glass when not running. 1 . 1 litres was too much in mine and it poured out the breather. I gather you have a lifan 150?

next time u do that start your bike and watch you sight glass u will notice the oil level will go down below the sight glass if u run the correct amount then the oil level will sit about half way up the sight level:D

Last edited:
whoa... i bought a 4ltr bottle of oil and i only got like 3 refills out of it haha and mine takes 990 litres :O I'm glad nothing bad happened, i think all it did when i over filled it was, it just leaked sh!t loads of oil out the breather and ran real slow, cleared eventually luckily.

Better than the time when i went to put new oil in and i forgot to put the drain bolt back in FFS, i had like 300 ml's of new oil mixed with old crappy oil hahahahahahahaha.

What i learned today... read the manual and double check if you are not sure!

next time u do that start your bike and watch you sight glass u will notice the oil level will go down below the sight glass if u run the correct amount then the oil level will sit about half way up the sight level:D

Yeah thats where it is when running. Half way. Or a bit less. The 1.1 litres made it sit over the top of the sight glass when running and spat oil out everywhere. When it stopped spitting it out thats where i run it now. At the very top of the glass when its warm and not running.

there is no way a dip stik can go in, i'll take a pic and show one time but very silly made, its a size 10 alen key to get in and then its just a cap and only 10mm down til steel casing inside is there and would be in the road of dip stick, hence why theres the window on the side i guess. i just changed opil this arbvo and put a litre in and seems to be fine!

Yeah thats where it is when running. Half way. Or a bit less. The 1.1 litres made it sit over the top of the sight glass when running and spat oil out everywhere. When it stopped spitting it out thats where i run it now. At the very top of the glass when its warm and not running.

thats so dif to my bike lol....wat bike u got

thats so dif to my bike lol....wat bike u got

Built from parts but basically its a Dhz outlaw small frame not midsize, with a ported lifan 150 in it, and heaps more bling stuff. You could just read my signature:rolleyes:

yer china do some silly stuff

we wouldn't have this issue if the put the filler in the same place as the daytona
instead of on top of the clutch basket

bloody china

Latest posts

Back