No name china bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYE

Reaction score
This is a review of my no name Chinese 125 dirt bike I got off ebay for $440 brand new shipped. Bad first impression. Comes fully assembled so it is not in a shipping metal frame and the brake lever is completely snapped off, making us assume bad quality transit. So me and my dad guessed it was the display model. Any way we put fuel in it and push the electric start. Nothing. Double check the choke is on and push it again, giving it a little throttle this time. Nothing. So we try for a while, kick starting and electric. It wouldn't start. So we take it to the pit bike shop and he fixes it in three days of us taking it there. Turns out the wiring harness was rubbed through in transit and it killed the coil. So the guy fixed the wiring harness and got us a new coil and brake lever and labor all for $80. He ended up giving me the brake lever for free. First start took a while but sure enough it started. That was August 2012. It now starts first kick every time (and yes I do use the kick starter and not the electric) and runs smooth. The frame is quite skinny though and the rear shock is absolutely solid. I'm a pretty skinny 14 year old that weighs 43kg and the thing actually doesn't move at all. I have to jump it or hit a decent bump for it to move. Overall I give this bike a 6-7/10. The thing goes and sounds good once u hit the sweet spot in 3rd.
Here are some photos. Sorry for the poor quality, they were taken on an iPod.

acd5000277590bed74a9bb070d5c894e_zps387ed4e3.jpg

4bbdab4d7ba7ba975829e8a0c0715100_zps329579f9.jpg

36bf2f37c684971af66b2b4b70de9d96_zpsa632b9de.jpg

0be771402b3567ced1eb15f900da7b34_zps5d6d12ae.jpg

Last edited:
I remember these MXB pitbikes, you could get them in 110cc, 125, and 140cc and all the sticker kits read 110cc. Everything on the bike is the extreme base model of parts, but for a beginner they are a good bike but thats it. Like you said the shock barely moves and the frame is thin. Enjoy it and thrash it silly mate while having a good time. When you find the bike isnt up to the punishment anymore than get a good model pitbike (DHZ)and then compare the 2 bikes and you will see there is to much to compare. Thanks for the review mate and just enjoy the bike.

Yea i wanna get a good quality bike. The reason i got this thing is cuz i am 14 and it was the cheapest brand new pit bike i could find on eBay. This thing is fun even though it is basic. Haha, yea you can see in pic 3 the 110 thing on the stickers. And yea I thrash it on small jumps. Despite the thin frame it hasn't broken yet. For a guy my weight do you think it will snap on small jumps?

Last edited:
Well its hard to say, but despite your weight its the force on the frame more so from the way you land a jump. Keep an eye on the fork rake(angle) and if it appears to be more of an angle than check the frame, you will see if it is cracking as it normally happens around the neck area where the forks attach and anywhere from there to where the top engine mount bolt is, also check past that point lower. As for its name it basically is a no namer but is an MXB.

hahaha, sorry mate but that bought a smile to my face, well more a grin. Not because you couldnt go for a ride but more so as i can hear you now calling it all sorts of names lol. Got spark and fuel flow thru the carby??

Same problem when I first bought it. Probs gonna get an atomik. I know they're nothing special but both my uncles hav had them and one if them has never missed a beat. The other one was left in the weather for no joke 4 years. All it needs is a carby and it'll run again. Thats why I want one

Try unhooking the killswitch incase it is faulty.
Check the terminals from the magneto are not disconnected
Check the wires into the CDI are not broken or the wire connectors have come out of the terminal
And make sure the wires are on the coil fine and if they are check they are not loose

Dude if ya gonna get another bike that is of equal quality to what you have now it would be a big mistake personally i reckon. Just unhook the key and see if it goes, if it still doesnt spark join the red and black wires(that the key hooked to) together and see what happens. Id save ya money and get a bike with the chromoly frame with the cradle mount, that way you have a good frame to work around and start modding. Id percervere with the mxb and just thrash it. It will be worst case scenario a stator that needs replacing and thats worst case.

Thats it mick with something like this bike you will be forever fixing something on it. Like mick said you would be better getting a better built bike with a chromoly frame setup and build the bike around that the way you want it will be cheaper and more enjoyable for you in the long run mate.

Links to any good dirt bikes with chromoly frame in Brisbane? I know u said thrash it till it brakes but I'm 14 and if I'm getting another bike I need the money from this one before it breaks because I am poor!

Look at DHZ they are a sponsor of this site there link is on the left hand side of this page under cool sites they are in NSW but anything over $300 is free post australia wide i buy off them a lot and im in Tassie. They are great to deal with service i cant fault they have helped me many times when i needed parts over night or the next day thats why i have put there name on my bikes and tell people to buy from them.

Yea but when I say I'm poor. I really mean it. So I probs will just thrash the mxb till it dies

Latest posts

Back