No oil pressure.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducatiman

Reaction score
Tomorrow I head to Broadford Raceway for a weekend of riding my 68 Honda fitted with a yx160. After running the bike to warm her up for an oil change I noticed that the oil cooler was still cold. I have disconected both lines from the cooler AND the oil line at the head and am getting no oil flow at all (just a couple of drips). Having searched the forum I am sure the lines are fitted correctly. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Tomorrow I head to Broadford Raceway for a weekend of riding my 68 Honda fitted with a yx160. After running the bike to warm her up for an oil change I noticed that the oil cooler was still cold. I have disconected both lines from the cooler AND the oil line at the head and am getting no oil flow at all (just a couple of drips). Having searched the forum I am sure the lines are fitted correctly. Any ideas?

So when you remove the lines from the head nothing comes out at all?

Need to figure out if it's blocked in the motor or the oil lines/cooler.

Remember The motor has never been apart and here's what I found. After a quick trip to Atomik I had a brand new oil pump and after pulling off the clutch case and removing the old pump I discovered:
- There should have been 2 dowells between the pump and case. There was only one.
- The gasket between the clutch cover and the engine had a tiny hole where the cases had a much larger hole being strangled by the factory gasket.
- The new pump was slightly different and the cover wouldn't fit back on. Testing the old pump showed there was nothing wrong with it so I put it back in.
After putting in another dowell, cutting the gasket to the size of the oil galleries and cleaning all the lines I started it with the lines to the cooler loose and frig me, oil everywhere.
I would suggest that everyone checks that they have oil pressure at the cooler, just feeling if it gets hot after the engine is warmed up will give you a clue.

Latest posts

Back