No spark - ignition coil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pacoperryz

Reaction score
Struggling with no spark on my newly acquired Kawasaki KV75/MT1 (not sure where to find the S/N). I have an online FSM and I am trying to determine if my coil is bad. Have read lots of the forum but still struggling. Put my ohm meter across it but get erratic results. Usually staring in the 2-3 ohms and then drops to less than 1 ohm very quickly. Find it very hard to get a repeatable result. FSM says it should be 2.41-2.81 ohms. Does that mean its bad? New plug installed.

If so, have looked online for days and can't find a replacement. Just hard to find a 40 year old coil. Question 2 is are there suitable modern replacements that will do the trick?

just about any old 6v coil should do it. I run all sorts of old coils(yamaha it/dt ones, one has a suzuki pe one) on my 70's z50s without problem. If your old coil has 1 wire get a 1 wire one, if it has 2 get a 2 wire one

Tanks. Any suggestions on where to source. Living in Brisbane. Oh, and its a one wire

Latest posts

Back