Non consistent running engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
Hey,I've put a stock flywheelback on my bike ( ifyouve read previous threads of mine.) to see if it was the lightened flywheel effing it up, but it's still not right.. Just cuts out at random times, mostly mid range to wot but it's not a dirty carb or main jet, pulled all that apart and it's spotless and jets are clear, the wires that connect the ignition coil to the loom at cut and twisted together .. But that's never and still isn't a problem for my brothers bike. It has run fine but now it keeps cutting out every now and then.. Any ideas ?

Could it be the helicoil in the spark plug hole maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vacuum, float level, bent fuel hose, blocked fuel cap, exhaust leak?

Just put a new copper o ring in the exhaust so it shouldn't be that, I'll suss out the fuel hose and float level looks normal but I will have a look at my bro's float level because his bike goes hard, I did that float level up in a mountain after a big stack in a rush to get home before dark and it's perfect, mine should be right seen as I did it at home with all the time in the world, but will double check it just to be sure and no the fuel cap is fine.. Cheers ay.

when you are typing your replys rizzo, is the spell check highlighting you spelling mistakes ?

Dunno. Not really a spelling wiz so you will have to bare with my dodgy spelling ay!

yeah im trying ay, has it always been running like this cause if it has the main jet could be too small, have you done a proper tune, i.e. plug chops? Those wires also sound pretty dam dodgy, I have had mud on my coil contacts before and caused similar problems, so if your wires are exposed then they could rust or even viabrate loose.

Thats my bros bike that runs premo haha and yeah it has run fine for about a year with a browny gold spark plug. I just bought a new coil the other day, it ran smoothly with a old coil. Might put it back on and see how it goes and if it's better I will take that coil back and ask for a new one.

I mean the colour of the electrode not the spark, and besides that the only time I've seem a blue spark (my bike loud crack bang pop thread) it barly ran and when it did it didn't run close to right. My brothers bikes spark plug gets about 10 gold sparks and so does mine last time I checked.

Ok then, everything that I have ever read is bull****, and you no better with your wicked bush mechanic fly wheel and cannon exhaust mods.

Cmon boys.... No piss wars here, we don't want to end up some dodgy site that bans kids because they piss off the mods, IN SAYING THAT Dont piss off the mods and you wont get shat on ;)

Sorry, but the last time I went digging for info on what colour my spark should be I got told blue and ended up wasting a lot of time and money on what was a dodgy coil that was sparking blue? If someone used that as a reference they could be going through the same crap I went through the entire time that the coils fine because it's got a blue spark?

I didn't know being a mod made you right all the time either.. Sounds almost as cool as being adult.. And I think you mean it wold be good if you said you are right and a blue spark is good? I did listen (read what you had to say) I just didn't agree. Not the end of the world.

Its not the first time you have been told that a good strong spark should be blue. I never bought up being a mod, or said that being one made me right. I just thought you deserved some of the attitude you gave my67xr given back to you. You can disagree all you like, on this issue I no im right. Enjoy your night mate

Last edited:
Rizzo,
if you do some research online.
can you find a link for me from anywhere at all, that says a yellow/orange spark is better than a blue spark?

High Voltage Ignition Spark

Air is not a good conductor of electricity. In the atmosphere, a spark of 12,000 volts can jump a gap of .025”. Under pressure, like in a cylinder, it is harder for the spark to jump the gap.
The pressure inside the cylinder of an engine is about seven times greater than our atmosphere.

The strength of the spark is revealed in the color. A red or yellow spark is weak and probably will not spark in the cylinder. A blue or white spark is strong and has enough voltage to fight across the spark plug gap even under pressure within the cylinder.

Colour%20Chart%201.jpg

images

Latest posts

Back