Octane booster!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Hey I just found some octane booster that increases your fuel but 7 units of octane.

So if you get 98 octane it would then sit at 105 octane

Basically would i be able to feel the difference in performance?

Has anyone tried to use these before in a pit bike?

Will it wreck it?

Sorry for all of the questions...

Brand: Nulon
Name: Pro strength Octane booster

Bike: Standard 125cc Ducar
Carb: 24mm (Jk mabey not -sure)
Spark: NGK

octane booster would only be beneficial if you are running higher than normal compression or advanced ignition timing where the engine is pinging.

tho it may help on a standard engine on a very hot day...

i doubt you would notice and performance increase

also when using it follow the mixing directs because if you add to much you can make the fuel worse..

you will not notice a performance increase, I run octane booster in my 250F only because it helps with carbon build up, if you pull the head off a bike thats is always run with octane booster and compare it to a bike that doesn't the bike running octane booster will be much cleaner and have ALOT less carbon build up

Hey I just found some octane booster that increases your fuel but 7 units of octane.
So if you get 98 octane it would then sit at 105 octane
Basically would i be able to feel the difference in performance?
Has anyone tried to use these before in a pit bike?
Will it wreck it?
Sorry for all of the questions...
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuseless!!!
spare that cash for other things!!;)

I've done a few small tests and much to my disapointment, there was ZERO difference on the dyno! nil zip none infact std fuel had a VERY small increase over the 98 fuel!

All i did was burn some cash yet again

Yeah think i should spend my money saving for a new engine thanks guys...yet again great replies

Did you try timing and jetting variations ? ...

we played with the jet, ie moved needle up and down and mixture for about an hour
25+ runs i'd guess, gave up after that

have my new motor built now, & a full jet kit coming from TB . I have time booked some dyno time on friday if i get around to it i'll try again.

unless your running high compression, it will make no difference. Even on a YZF450 running 12:1 compression, it makes no discernible difference... so a 125 ducar, which is probably running 9.5:1 compression will just make it run crappy...
The overall tune of the motor, (i'm assuming stock??) would probably run best on standard 91RON unleaded...
I've tried octane booster in a few of my bikes, no difference to any of them, and my 03 VT750 chopper ran best on standard unleaded... and thats with ground pounder straight through pipes at 2.5" diameter, hypercharger etc etc... running comp of 10:1...
save your money for an EDC or a powerband. ;)

Latest posts

Back