Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a massive thread on this already, about a month ago, perhaps you should bump it up if it dosent help you.

if you just want a quick simple answer then basiclly all you do is yes blot the cooler on where ever and the unbolt your old side cover and bolt your new cover on that has to ends for little tubes that connect to your oil cooler =)

dont really see the point of on myself tho

your 138cc should have some bolts on the side of the engine crankcase near the head on the kickstart side you bolt your oil cooler lines onto there and then bolt the oil cooler onto your frame.

your 138cc should have some bolts on the side of the engine crankcase near the head on the kickstart side you bolt your oil cooler lines onto there and then bolt the oil cooler onto your frame.

There is a bit more to it than that.

sidney when you get your cooler give us a shout and tell me how it runs and if it goes any harder your does do any cooling =)

Oil Levels With an Oil Cooler

Hi

Soon I'm installing an oil cooler on my MSO and I'm Just wondering about my oil levels.

Do I need to put in more oil or just leave it as-is?

cheers

I just changed the oil in my Atomik ProX 140cc, it has an oil cooler and i put exactly 1 Liter into it, it was exactly the right amount.

You will need more oil. Now the answer to how much extra is. On the right hand side of your engine is a little grey plastic cap that has a long thing on the bottom of it, this thing is called a dipstick and the end of it dips into the oil and lets you know if you have the correct amount in it. If you use the dipstick to check your oil level (you should check it before every ride) you will be able to put the CORRECT amount in it. Your oil cooler may be different to ones on other bikes so dont rely on a set volume, also check the level after you have kicket it over and circulated a bit of oil thru the cooler

lol cass38a I know what a dipstick is. I rekon i will fill it just above the line.

Dont measure how much oil you need and put that in, use the dipstick!! :rolleyes:

Putting on an oil cooler

Hey guys

I know how to mount an oil cooler just the thing I don't know is the pipes that the oil goes through.

Can someone post up a couple of pics of how the pipes go into the motor and cooler?

cheers

Hi Sydney.
It is straightforward you cant go wrong,If it is a Billet oil cooler the oil lines fit best if you run the Top oil cooler pipe to the highest fitting/threaded hole in the crankcase,then of course the Lower Oil cooler pipe to the lowest drilling in the engine crankcase.
It doesnt really matter either way though !!

Hope this helps

Cheers Brian

Sideny

Stop posting threads when you allready have the answer. The other day you asked a question about a oil cooler and I linked and existing thread that answered your question and it also answered this question. I would suggest that you go and have a read of that thread and if you need any more detail add your question to the end of it.

Ok and to attatch the pipe to the motor to I put the nut strough ithe end of the pipe than screw it back in?

Cass88a I obviously made THIS thread because the OTHER threads didn't help me.

Latest posts

Back