Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now without trying to spoil your party If your bike dosent have a oil cooler already fitted there is going to be one of two problems.

1. your billet oil cooler wont fit beacuse the crankcase wont have the appropriate holes to bolt the oil cooler to.

2. if it does have the holes and they have bungs in them then you have been running your engine without lube in the top end so it wont last much longer.

None of those pics in the thread really help tho.

Are those screws hollow or something?

So do I just put the screw through the end of the hose and then screw it back in?

Can someone please just answer that question?

Also how can the head have no lube in it? All the cooler does is cool the oil.

Hey Sydney.
Use the special hollow clamping bolts and washers should be supplied with t with the oil cooler and oil lines..

Do not try to use the blanking plugs/bolts that were screwed into your 138 motor !

Cheers Brian

Ok cheers maylands.

Today my oil cooler came but it didn't come with the bolts used to mount it onto the frame and it didn't come with those rubber "washer" things.

Where can I get these parts from?

thanks

Ok I will see what these people on ebay say first.

Hey maylands can you PM me the price for the bolts and rubber washers? cheers

all relative Oil Cooler posts have been merged. now rather than searching you just have to READ!

Ok guys I got my oil cooler in the mail today. It has came with everything except the bolts to mount it to the frame but It doesn't matter because I'll buy some from MPE.

Just one question. Ya know how the screws have a hole on each side of them for oil to come out, does that have to line up with the hole in the oil hose?

thanks

Ok im gettin a new donk for my mso and am prob gotta get a 138cc lifan one that mso has lined me up with ,its got an oil cooler im not a big fan of gay block looking cooler so i was wondering can you switch the very top of the engine head to a 125cc lifan so that it was aircooled.even though the engine is 127cc would it still be ok to run.And is this possible on the older 138cc's ?

Any engine with oil feed holes from the crankcases must be run through a cooler. You could run lines from the head if you joined the two case outlets with a short line. But these two outlets must be joined.

There is another way of doing this internally but it requires drilling out a passage from the oil reservoir to the pump outlet. I am testing bypassing the oil passage up the stud drilling altogether ATM. To reduce heat pickup through the cylinder prior to arriving at the head.

Ok im gettin a new donk for my mso and am prob gotta get a 138cc lifan one that mso has lined me up with ,its got an oil cooler im not a big fan of gay block looking cooler so i was wondering can you switch the very top of the engine head to a 125cc lifan so that it was aircooled.even though the engine is 127cc would it still be ok to run.And is this possible on the older 138cc's ?

The engine is still air cooled regardless of wether it has an oil cooler or not. Mack is right you definatley need to run the oil cooler (or loop the lines). Changing the head wont acheive anything if you do not like the look of the "block" oil cooler you can get other styles and IMO you would be mad not to run a cooler if your engine comes with one.

Can someone tell me the exact size of the bolts needed to bold the cooler onto the frame?

My mum refuses to drive me to maylands performance to get them and if maylands posts them to me they arent going to be here by sunday because I want to go for a ride.

I want to go get them from bunnings

Latest posts

Back