Oil in new bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmpbll911

Reaction score
Me and some mates are all picking up some MSO's next weekend, and we're unsure on what to do about the oil. With the last mini I had (atomik Nitrous) i just used the shit oil that comes in the bike for a few riding hours, about one tank of fuel, then changed the oil with some quality semi synthetic. What is the best thing to do? You've gotta change the oil early with any new bike, so is it worth putting in some new oil just to run it in with? Also how often should you change your oil and what is the best for pit bikes

Me and some mates are all picking up some MSO's next weekend, and we're unsure on what to do about the oil. With the last mini I had (atomik Nitrous) i just used the shit oil that comes in the bike for a few riding hours, about one tank of fuel, then changed the oil with some quality semi synthetic. What is the best thing to do? You've gotta change the oil early with any new bike, so is it worth putting in some new oil just to run it in with? Also how often should you change your oil and what is the best for pit bikes

well you just spent $1500+ on a bike so don't be a tightarse and run the shittest oil the world has to offer just so you can save less than $10,
get a bottle of castrol 4t, it's only $34 at supercheap and lasts for 4 refills,

some people on this forum will tell you the shipping oil is some kind of special run-in oil but in reality it's the cheapest most nastiest crap china has to offer, they put it in there so the engine doesn't rust, you're not supposed to run the bike with it

Ken and Linda will give you a list of run in information ...right down to loctite ... follow that and all will be good ;)

yep, china oil= lousy oil...think about it...what does motorcycle(4 stroke) oil have to cope with? a motor...high temps. bearings....lubrication. a gearbox...high pressure additives. an OIL BATH CLUTCH.... friction ENHANCERS. that bit sorta goes againts the LUBRICATION or friction LOWERING requirement, doesnt it? so hats off to ppl that develop motorbike oils;)

use castrol 4t. from repco. i found its another $15 from the "motorcycle accesory warehouse" thats meant to be CHEAP:rolleyes:
i notice Kmart dont sell it anymore though:(

otherwise, mineral, mineral, mineral. no synthetic.

drop the oil out and use it on the bbq to cook up some snags cause usually it is castor oil in the motors from new

we used the factory oil for around 30mins of run in time....on the gas off the gas technique

then i recomend using shell rimula x diesel engine oil

we used the factory oil for around 30mins of run in time....on the gas off the gas technique

then i recomend using shell rimula x diesel engine oil

Care to explain a little more? Why diesel oil? I'd just stick to mineral oil like Castrol 4T.

Latest posts

Back