Oil-less forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRevHead62

Reaction score
G'day, I've just bought a second hand minibike. 2006, I think it's an AMS brand. It has a DUCAR engine. Completely stock. Been hardly ridden (apparently). It goes ok except for the front forks - They are non USD and they don't seem to spring all the way back up under its own weight. I've had a bit of a look and it looks like they don't have any oil in them at all. I've pulled them (the forks ) out and unscrewed the top cap and inspected the spring etc. To my amazement, there is no oil to be seen. Is this unusual for these Chinese bikes to have oil-less front forks?
Removing the rubber plug at the botom of the fork I can see there is an air valve at the bottom. I've tried pumping a bit of air in but it doesn't seem to build any pressure and/or help the situation.
Any ideas anyone?

Hey man the valve at the bottom is for gas not air, You can get them re gassed and i think they also run oil. Might be worth getting new forks if there crappy and your guna do big jumps

I've never heard of them being charged with gas before... Rear shock yes but not front forks! Sounds like the forks are shot then. I can't see me spending $$ on getting them replaced so I'l probably put up with them sagging a bit.
Cheers,
tRev.

Latest posts

Back