Oils ain't Oils

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zc2000

Reaction score
Guys and Girls

I have been doing a little research and talking to a few experts in the oil world and have found that this oil is a great oil to run our pitbikes on.

If your engine is brand new or you have just done a rebuild and or swaped out the head etc etc... its Penrite running in oil.. I have provided the link below...

RUNNING-IN OIL - Penrite Oil

This is a mineral oil with no friction added bits.

Best of all its about $30 for 5litres

Anyways just giving you all another option rather than paying $20 for 1 litre.

Cheers
zc

cool find man, but ive never had a problem on just standard 4 stroke motorcycle mineral oil, but ill be sure to keep this in mind

where you buying ya oil from?...
it doesnt cost $20 litre anywhere iv been..
sht motul is only like $12

and im not a fan of any penrite oils but i spose plenty of ppl are..

I got my motul oil from CityMotorbikes in ferntree gully $19.95 for 1 litre... I thought that this was a joke but that was the price...

What oil do you use sean01? and where do you obtain it from???

PS: i'm in victoria .... near Dandenong

Also what dont you like about Penrite? I use to have a Chev Camaro 1967 with a 400Chev and ran Penrite and i use to drag race it at Calder Park never had an issue...

What have you experianced that you dislike about it?

Last edited:
iv used a couple different oils now... mobile, castrol and motul...
the motul seems to last the longest before going off colour.

mobil oil i used to get from a pit bike shop
castrol from supercheap
motul 1000 from the jap bike store around the corner from me...
all of these are no more than $13 a liter each

we used to use penrite in HQ and gemini race cars. dont ask me which one we used as it was over 10yrs ago.. but when we used to pull the engines down they showed sign's of more wear than usual.

never touched the stuff since...

oh and my brother used it once in his J port rotary.. was rebuilt shorty after..
motorbike city are known for charging extreme prices..

Guys and Girls

I have been doing a little research and talking to a few experts in the oil world and have found that this oil is a great oil to run our pitbikes on.

If your engine is brand new or you have just done a rebuild and or swaped out the head etc etc... its Penrite running in oil.. I have provided the link below...

RUNNING-IN OIL - Penrite Oil

This is a mineral oil with no friction added bits.

Best of all its about $30 for 5litres

Anyways just giving you all another option rather than paying $20 for 1 litre.

Cheers
zc

dont run your pitty on that stuff. as you say it is running in oil so it should be only $30 for 5l as you will only run with it in the engine for about 1 hour before you run decent oil. do you work for an oil company?

Cheers Sean01... I will shop around as City Motorbike are very extreme of there prices.

As for the Oil company connection i have close dealings with one...

But it was only a suggestion... and as i said i was advised by others that seeing this is non synthetic and contains no friction additives... that this oil would be good for small 4 strokes...being pitbikes

But the ones who race and or spend time breaking down there engines would know what works for them....

I run motul in my MSO.. Only because I went threw heaps of different oils with my 2 strokes and motul was the best oil at the best price I found, so I run motul in the 4 stroke now. haha

Latest posts

Back