OKO 26MM Or 28MM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hey guys, im going to get a new carb for me atomik fury (250cc aircooled) and i'm tossing between the OKO 26MM or the 28MM. i am doing mainly bush riding/track. what do you guys think would be best ?
cheers,
jack

IMHO, bush riding I'd be going a Mikuni VM. The power curve on an Oko is quite sharp and not needed in bush tracks. As for mm I'm not entirely sure, maybe start with a 30? I've never owned a 250cc dirt bike.

That's just my 2 cents anyway. :)

Last edited:
yeah i heard the 250cc was designed to suit the 30mm carbys.
i'd buy Cordogs 30mm for that price and give it a try...
i have a couple of them atm too, i'll try one on my 155 when it's ready to go.

Blender, does the 250 have a manifold with a bolt on carby ?

hmm i see. well, i might grab yours cordogs, and yeh, the carb bolts straight onto the manifold, not rubber boot.i heard that the 28mm oko's are quite bad for tuning, i've heard people saying they are a lemon. but i see what your saying cordogs, about the power curve. i'll reply in yuour sale thread .

i didn't have any problems with my OKO 28mm i had on the Lifan 150, just needed jetting to suit, but i could have been lucky ?

Thanks for the plug Craig, but I was talking about a genuine Vm Mikuni carb. Don't waste you're time with a cheap carb. Those parts are only good to chuck on a cheap bike to sell of keep for a second for your mates to ride!
In saying that I had no issues with my Fakeuni that came with my 155. :)

hmm, yea fair enough cordogs, i was a bit worried about the butterfly choke on your carb for sale anyway. will get an oko or genuine vm, what size vm? 28mm?

the genuine Mikuni will most likely be a spigot mount, not flange mount, so will need a rubber adapter like the oko

mdx17zGumd0EZ2jg0Bc7KSg.jpg

and you will need to buy a specific 4 stroke Mikuni carby,
and also need to get one with the mixture screw on the correct side so you can access and tune it without problems

so i will need the rubber boot, now will it fit on my manifold ? i imagine thetre would be different sizes (bolt hole spacings ,etc) and i had a quick look on ebay, and couldnt find any i9n aus, are there austtralian seller that sell the vm's?

Latest posts

Back