Old school bmx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLAS13

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to show you my 1980 jmc black shadow even though I havent got a pic of it I will tomorrow. It isnt in the best of shape lol I havent used it in a while
y4ygejeg.jpg

It should look like this hahaha but mines all rust im planning to restore it soon. Ill get my own bike photos tomorrow

Yeeeaaaaa
Takes me back to my young days , getting a lay back seat pole was cool as
Bmx bandit right there !

old man has a hutch in the shed he used to ride. awesome bike

Ah yes, reminds me of my Mongoose with OGK tuffs, haro brake lever and absolutely the laid back seat pole!. What was the cool seat again? kushamira or somethin?

I'd still own a PK Ripper anyday

^^ Kashimax, or Kashimax aero

1kashimax.jpg

1aero.jpg

Last edited:
did you see my post in Random Radness 2 weeks ago?

BMX's started surfacing while i was in high school,
i remember seeing my mates new bikes at school, the nickel plated Mongoose's with Motormags wheels, and a Hutch and then a bit later the Malvern Star Supermax's

View attachment 8401

View attachment 8402

View attachment 8403

a couple of years after i left school, the Freestyle BMX came out,

i had a couple of Torkers about 8 years ago, just to play around on

and my old Haro

i had a 1980 mongoose for a while, with Skyway tuffs and Snakebellys, but sold that

next i got a rough Moosegoose,
and eventually fitted a Victa 2stroke lawn mower motor to it, then sold it for $80 at a garage sale.
no pics sorry.

and this was my newer Mongoose

and i have the bike that these NOS stickers are for too.
it is sitting covered up in storage atm, and has been for 15 years

Wow those kashimax seats look uncomfortable! Hahaha sorry I forgot to take some pic of mine lol

Ah yes, reminds me of my Mongoose with OGK tuffs, haro brake lever and absolutely the laid back seat pole!. What was the cool seat again? kushamira or somethin?

Aaaahhhh tuffs! Phil you have made me want to buy a bmx with tuffs ! Yep , I'm def buying myself one
Straight to the skatepark , kids be like "WTF"

Wow those kashimax seats look uncomfortable! Hahaha sorry I forgot to take some pic of mine lol
i used to ride my BMX to high school, 2 kms there, 2 kms home
then on the weekends i'd ride over to Belair National park, and be there riding around for hours at a time.
those seats were quite comfortable.

Had a redline 800p when i was younger, rode it everywhere unfortuantly my dad gave it to my cousins who destroyed it. Wish i had one now but prob cant afford one, however a year or so ago i did get another bmx from my childhood. The bike i had before the redline, the blue devil. It was a kmart knock off of the goose, they used to have the yellow,red and blue devils. They yellow was the cheapest, then red and blue from memory with each one slightly better than the last spec wise. Was going to paint it when i got it but attacked it with thinners and got off most of the dodgy spraycan paint job someone had at some stage, i like the survivor look more anyway, not much to look at but it owes me 80 bucks maybe, have swapped out a few pieces since(brake,lever,cable,pedals) but i don't really have the time to ride it, saving it for when the kids are a bit older

Last edited:
hahah snakebelly's, how weird were they! I do see some PK rippers around but they have that crack in the frame, you can buy new ones but it just aint the same. Lovin' those stickers, wow.

Yes Kashimax. that's the one, coooool. So the late model Mongooses didnt have that gusset in the frame ey?

Remember Redlines? With those fat ass tubes?

Nostalgic as right now, going to ebay to see whats around

This Is my sad bmx lol

gynarasa.jpg

Ill be ripping it down tomorrow to begin the restoration

What invloved in. Taking the pedal crank apart? Its not a full major, things popping out every where?

That is sweet, pulling out the cranks is pretty simple, there will prob be loose ball bearings but thats it. What are your plans for it, that frame would prob come up pretty good with a Oxalic Acid bath and a bit of a polish

Thanks motodevo! Im going to get the frame welded properly where its cracked then get it re-chromed. Get the rims and hubs anodized and respoked. Just make it look like it came off the shelf.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back