Old school bmx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your not already a member, join OzBmx. Plenty of guys on there from SA who will know where the best places to get your frame rechromed, annodising, etc for the best price/quality and where to get all the tasty NOS bits and pieces. Gotta love a chromed frame 80's bmx, need to get my butt into gear and put together the chrome hotfoot cruiser frame hanging in the shed

A Class Metal Finishers is the best place to go, but you wont like the price !
http://www.aclassmetal.com.au/

there are not too many Anodisers around that will redo your hubs and rims though.
they need to be totally stripped of any old anodising, and prepped before they'll look at them

Ok will do thanks again! Haha yeah im slowly getting my ass in to gear lol

Ah thanks mate... how much do you think it would be? Oh really that sucks maybe ill buy some new ones

Holy moly that frame looks awesome!.... ah yeah ill have to suss them out when im closer

I'm looking into the re make skyway TA frame fork bars tuff 2's in white and chrome in the next couple weeks should put a post up :)

On the other hand anyone know where I can get original decals re made??? Struggling to find somewhere that does it.. My uncle just got his mid school specialized 1998 TJ lavin fat boy bike that needs decals done.. Iv joined ozbmx but can't yet post WTF

A mod has to approve your user account before you can post, to stop the spambots. Usually takes a day or two

did you see my post in Random Radness 2 weeks ago?

I has the second Torker on that list when I was 14....thing was ridiculously heavy. Cant even remember what I did with that. Best part of that bike is it came with a set of sealed bearing 20 inch rims...which I sold for more than the total bike cost me about 2 years after I stopped riding it... :D

They're actually re-making some of those old bike frames now....Have a gander at this ;) may just be worth buying a replica if you're keen to actually ride it not just look at it!! https://www.strictlybmx.com/category/152/old-school-bmx

Or if you're just after a frame something like this. I wouldnt EVER pay over $600 for a 20inch frame....EVER ;) https://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/4491/skyway-ta-xl-frameset

Last edited:
397279_10151066324863201_1591024820_n.jpgA couple of pics of BMX's I built up. First one I did was a Skyway Street styler. Second was a Haro FST. Both great BMX's. 299133_10151367748118201_578388796_n.jpg

Someone was asking about decals before, can try FrogBMX, has an ebay shop. Very good repro decals.

Does anyone know where I could find a sticker kit for a 1992 Hoffman Condor?

I've got a mate of mine wanting to revamp his vert bike but can't find a kit anywhere for it. Even if someone can get good clear picture of the set, that would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

That's a rare one only 300 were made in 1992.
* HOFFMAN BIKES BMX COMPANY @ 23MAG BMX

hb92cond.jpg

my92condor1.jpg

as_bmx_condor_576.jpg

images

Last edited:
i had the sugar baby with taj forks

before that the free agent bombardier which is a sugar baby replica got the alex triple wall's from this bike

before that an redline rl440 running TUFF's they lasted until i started hucking 360's out of the big stepup in shep..... got some rims after that sun rims double walls if i remember.

i've got a mongoose rouge now days. it's fun to ride nice and heavy the way i like it i can't ride the light weight things around today.

i lived breathed and ate BMX for most of my life untill i got sick of peddling and found MX even now it doesn't take me long to get a couple of tricks back and can still huck a 3-0 out of a bowl or somethin....... good times hey

ive had too many old school bmx's too count .used to love em the last 5 of them I sold to oz bmx members which were 2 looptail 1980 and 82 pk ripper ff sets , a late 80s haro freestyler ff set,84 team hotfoot and a 92 gt which was near nos ridden for 2 weeks then put in storage for 20 years ive been a member there for years but i don't bother with bmx,s anymore.

Whoa... this thread brings back some memories. My friends and I were all heavily into BMX and vertical skating, we rode our bikes in the old school parks with heller vertical, and we rode 'em in empty backyard pools that were big enough. We even went on to trick out bigger bikes as vert-riding sleds... I had the finest Powerlite Cruiser ever seen on this planet, you can Google "Powerlite Cruiser" and see a few images, but none of 'em even comes close. Mine was black with white lettering, it had red Araya rims, stainless spokes, Bullseye hubs (also red), Specialized tires (back when that meant something), trick neck, bars, two-finger Haro levers, lightweight alloy cranks, and a bunch of other stuff I'm probably forgetting right now, after a couple o' stiff rum & cokes, LOL. Oh, yeah, it had a freewheel on it, can't possibly remember the ratio, it has been so long, but the bike was FAST. Every possible nut and bolt that could be upgraded to aircraft aluminum was swapped out, courtesy of some hands who raced MX and worked at North Island Naval Air Station. Sadly, the bike got stolen when some fine-looking girls came down from San Rafael, my friend and I had our minds on the gals instead of bike security, you understand. His bike got stolen too, but it wasn't anywhere near as trick, just a modified Schwinn Cruiser. Oh, well, ya just can't lock a bike like that Powerlite anywhere, it doesn't do any good, since locks are for honest people. I've had some cool bikes since, including some tricked-out tandems, but that Powerlite Cruiser was the ultimate poolriding and park-riding machine, as far as bigger bikes go. You could lift it with one finger, and this was in the early '80s... we had skated since the early '70s, but it took awhile to conceive and build that bike from the frame and forks up, using every bit of skating experience to select components. I still miss that bike sometimes, it was the cleanest pedal bike I ever had in my life. I hope the wanker who stole it got hit by a truck due to bad karma, LOL.

That episode of "Nitro Circus" was killer, it was all about two hands attempting the world's first quadruple backflip on a BMX bike... each of those hands was tougher than a dollar steak, breaking ribs and whatnot during this lengthy project. The hand from NZ ultimately prevailed, pulling a quad flip on a huge ramp behind Travis Pastrana's house. Pretty cool show... now, which one of you Crusty Australian Demons O' Dirt will be first to pull a quad flip on a monkeybike??? LOL. Back to "Shark Week" as I kick it hard at the ol' hacienda, it's concert night in the park this evening, and the crowds will soon build, so I'll hold the fort as usual just to keep an eye on our property. WTF, I'm from California, therefore I trust nobody, LOL. Damn.

Just picked up an 84 Hutch pro Racer, time for retro racing. Off to buy some Profile cranks and goodies today.

Latest posts

Back