Opinions on this bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard-kx85

Reaction score
Hi members. Im looking at getting a new bike I normally ride a friends KX85II 2012 and love it so i decided to get one. I only have a budget of a 1000 or a little more. Been looking at the assassin 125cc big wheel. http://www.assassindirtbikes.com.au...sin-125cc-big-bore-big-wheel-rear-front-p-367 .
Would just like your input on the bike it seems legit.
Im 16 and about 60KG not super tall but would like a big wheel. Also it doesn't have to be the best jumper but a solid bike. Don't want it to be a snail. Also don't worry as im pretty good with maintaince, engines and just about anything practical. Will maintain the bike. Also what can be done as far as improvements in durability and performance. I have a clue already but would like your input. Thanks.

welcome to Miniriders,

while you're here drop in and say g'day in our Introduce Yourself thread .

yeah it looks like an ok entry level big wheel.
your mates KX85 will run rings around it though

cheers, craig

for 1k brand new i would prefer to buy either this DHZ DPRO 125
Or the 140 version or if i really wanted the 160cc version imo better bikes.. there not big wheel but you can buy the wheels for a decent price down the track.. there proven bikes i dont see anything wrong with the assasin but it looks and feels generic to me (as most of them are) but you dont want to get one from the lei moto side of generic..

Id buy the dhz 140cc for 1099 and then go keep up with your mates 85 untill of cause you hit the ruff stuff (with the small wheels)
The 140's are pretty well proven.. but if i really wanted a good reliable bike i would buy the 160 just because there are more parts available and you can do them up to beat the 85 later on

I reckon the 160 with OKO 26mm flatside carb and a good pilot might keep up with/beat the KX85? I've ridden one, they are quick but not as quick as I thought.

Or i would go a Fuse 140cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes
there a little more on the generic side but i would own one and happily ride it after locktite all the bolts.

For the maintenance side of things buy yourself a nice 1/4th drive sidchrome socket set (you can cheap out but believe me you will be able to keep these for the rest of your life so buy a nice one and don't loose em)
You need some feeler gauges, these are cheap and you need ones that have 0.005 < size some of them go to only 0.008 thou.. no good for you.

Theres a bigwheel not for off your budget Reign Bigfoot 140cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes I have only had the 150c version.. nothing great to say quality could have been better but i rode that for many many hours with only silly little failiures ... loctite everything incl exhaust header nuts

Yeah it had want to be a bloody good 160 to match a kx85. But with your budget just forget trying to even match the kx and get ya bike and enjoy it. I rode a worked ktm 50 the other day and holy **** this thing would smoke my daytona 150 4v, it was off tap and I couldnt believe it, on band it was viscous lol. If you get a 140 go the yx as the lifan wont survive severe thrashing but like the boys said the yx 150 ot 160 is the go.

Hi all thanks for all your input will have a look at the bikes when I get home from school. Anyway I have all the tools sidcrome set, king tony sockets and almost every tool you need including Loctite. anyway my mates wont be riding a KX85 but a KX 250F and 450F there family rides. as noted I don't have much money but will try to save for something decent. keep your bikes coming. thanks.
Richard

Also yes the Kawasaki is a beast bike 2 stroke to the thing is amazing with 6 speed also the clutch pattern is different so ill have to get used to it.

You should go buy a DHZ 160

There $1150 now, Properly can get it a little cheaper and there monsters.

Mini Bikes | Pitbikes | Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories | DHZ Mini Moto | Buy Online Australia

But how does it rank against a 85cc 2 stroke welllllllllllllllllll i seen videos of a 155 2v beating a 85cc 2 stroke in a straight up drag but 160cc well it would be there

DHZ 160 vs Crf250r 80s model
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvQy_AOfKak

155z 2v vs Yz 85
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGP442_Zic

There powerful

Ummm. Both those bikes are toying with the pitbikes im sorry to tell you mate. The 250 especially cause he is recording the 160 and you can hete him playing with the throttle. Did the yz even hit band. But I do agree the dhz is good money well spent.

I do not think the YZ85 was holding back, nothing was said about it holding back. I seen people say that 160+oko > 85s, but then again i could be wrong.

the 250 i do agree with you though

Hi have looked at the bikes thanks for the links turkey great help. Also I have one question I don't believe that the bigger wheel version has any power or speed difference over a small wheel so can anyone tell me what the diffrence's are and what is better for what. Also do these 4 strokes have a power band like the 2 strokes that im used to. Would the 125cc lifan be alright or under powered or should I go for the 140 150 or 160. Thanks for you help. Richard.

Go for a 160cc, You will get over the 125cc very quickly

Or save your money more and get a 190 daytona, you cannot go wrong with them animals

Hi had a look at the TDR I thought they were rock bottom and not very good anyway did you know what the different wheel sizes do. Also I would prefer a bike that would last a while with proper maintaince.

Then DHZ is the way to go

no clue buddy, all i know it gives a height difference, anything else related i am clueless on

sorry about that champ

Hi yeah and I just realised I will save money on shipping as there local shop is not far maybe 5 mins drive also would you go for the 140 or the 160 also what mods could you do for more power and reliability.

go for the 160 for sure
if you want more power then you could always add a better carby, TB V2 Race Head, then a 184cc Big Bore Kit

I do not think the YZ85 was holding back, nothing was said about it holding back. I seen people say that 160+oko > 85s, but then again i could be wrong.

the 250 i do agree with you though
Fair call buddy.

Latest posts

Back