Orion 28 Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pebkac

Reaction score
Hi all,
First I'd like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all :)

I'm new to this forum and new to the whole mini scene,
I just bought what seems to be a pretty much stock, well looked after, not ridden much, '06 model Orion 28 125 off ebay for $430, and I've got a few questions I'd like to ask,

1) Where are these bikes made? Their web site seems to be in the states but from what I've been reading I'm kind of gathering they're made China. Is this correct?

2) I've read a few posts saying Orions are no good... Is this just personal opinion, or proven fact? In my opinion every make has their s#@ty models, and I haven't seen many reviews on Orions here so I'm wondering if the people writing these posts are judging them on their s#@ty models? Which brings me to my next question..

3) Should I post a review on my bike? I might be new to the mini scene but I've been riding for 20yrs so I've got a little bit of an idea, I just dont want people thinking look at this noob trying to do a review, what a looser,,, know what I mean?

Cheers guys,
John

1) Where are these bikes made?

2) I've read a few posts saying Orions are no good... Is this just personal opinion, or proven fact?

3) Should I post a review on my bike?

1) yep, china like pretty much every pit bike

2) lets say Orions are not known for there quality or reliability. in fact pretty much the opposite lol.. but it goes with any bike, if you look after it, it will look after you :)

3) any review is always good if you point out YOUR experiences with it, not just a "i got this bike and its good" kinda review.. like its good to state why you think its good or not so good..

and finaly, WELCOME :) http://www.miniriders.com.au/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

*edit* scratch the last bit, ya beat me to it lol

Last edited:
1) Hmm thats weird, i wonder why their web site say the states. Meh oh well, i might have read it wrong too.

2) Yeah I've noticed a few not so good quality bits here and there, nothing a few better parts wont fix I think. It wont be staying standard for long thats for sure ;)

3) OK cool well I'll get some photos and notes together and do a review.

I'll do a build thread too while I'm at it.

Cheers for the welcome mate.
lol yeah i did beat ya to it, thought i should get that out of the way first.

Put up some pictures... is it the bike in your display picture?

Yeah its the one in my dp, sorry they're not the best quality, they're just copies of the ebay pics.

img0210gp.jpg

img0209ea.jpg

Last edited:
What a mission that was, mental note, images aren't added to posts instantly so dont stuff around trying different ways of adding them when you notice they arent there as soon as u click post reply... Sorry moderators.

For those of you who dont know, pebkac stands for, Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair... lol

What a mission that was, mental note, images aren't added to posts instantly so dont stuff around trying different ways of adding them when you notice they arent there as soon as u click post reply... Sorry moderators.

For those of you who dont know, pebkac stands for, Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair... lol

Lol..i fixed it for ya mate ;)

Not a bad looking orion really. Frame looks good. Probably just get some decent rims for it and better tyres. New bars like pro tapers, get rid of the homo seat and crappy sticker kit. Then do some fine tuning to forks, new carby and better rear shock. But you know, do it if they don't suit or when they break!

Yeah thanks, I like it ay, and to be honest I think its the best $430 I've ever spent.. Pro Tapers, risers, and a billet kickstart are already on their way, and yep the seat, sticker kit and rear shock are going and i got a few other bits in mind but we better keep all that for the build thread and review.

*edit* Oh and it came with a new knobby for the front and im just guna have some fun on the back one til I wear it out

Last edited:
ha ha nice well get the build thread going. can't wait to see what you make of it :D

thankfully you got one of the better orions lol

there probly there strongest model, but dont be trying any massive jumps lol. heard of a few frames snapping..

things you'll probly want to upgrade is the front forks and rear shock if there non adjustable.
handle bars and chain def need an upgrade.
and be sure to sus out every bolt and if you can replace them with decent ones..

ill be keen to view your review and build threads as i have one of these frames that i will be making a 10' build out of..

Latest posts

Back