Orion minibike electrical problems!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor1997

Reaction score
Hey all, im new here on miniriders but i have a question that i really need solved, I recently bought a second hand 250cc orion 4stroke. and i other day i took off the sprocket cover, and that is where the earth lead went too the next day i went too start it up and it melted the earth lead so i took of all the seat etc.. and replaced the earth lead with a thinner one (all i had) however after putting both leads on to a terminal (a small green one that was also in the earth lead) i connected it all up to a battery. Now when i try to use the electric spark i just clicked and smoke can off my electrics. Please help.

Cheers Connor.

Hey all, im new here on miniriders but i have a question that i really need solved, I recently bought a second hand 250cc orion 4stroke. and i other day i took off the sprocket cover, and that is where the earth lead went too the next day i went too start it up and it melted the earth lead so i took of all the seat etc.. and replaced the earth lead with a thinner one (all i had) however after putting both leads on to a terminal (a small green one that was also in the earth lead) i connected it all up to a battery. Now when i try to use the electric spark i just clicked and smoke can off my electrics. Please help.

Cheers Connor.

Hey dude, welcome to MR, mate if the earth lead melted then the thinner earth lead you replaced it with will not last at all, just like you are experiencing now. At work we replace most standard earth wires with some heavy duty earth wires especially on the 250s, as the standard earth wire isnt much chop either, the smaller earth wire that joins onto the battery with the larger wire is fine the way it is, but the main earth to the engine must be of a thicker diameter than what was on it. some one that sells car stereo systems will have decent earth wire to purchase, maybe about 7 or 8mm wire will be sufficient, and get them to attach some good terminals on it for you, but find out how much length you will need.

Latest posts

Back