Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok, a few guys have been having problems with wiring up ORK's, particularly when converting a standard ignition engine to an ORK fitted engine....

The pic below is the wiring loom i have used to convert the miniblitz from your "standard" loom and ignition system, to a 160HO motor with ORK. Worked first kick, so it must be ok.

However, i am running a key swtich as well, the two extra green earth wires linked into the green earth wire on the kill switch, are from my key switch. I havent tried it yet, but i believe running two extra green earth wires from the kill switch earth wire (green) will complete the circuit and thus allow the bike to fire...

Hope this helps those of you having issues...

29022-ork-wiring-diagram1.jpg

1 more quick and final question thump..

after going and buying a whole new loom kit, and connecting everything by colour coding i have 1 wire from engine and 1 from cdi (different colours) what are they and what should i do???

its the SOLID pink and BROKEN blue and white ones

View attachment 4109

Last edited:
hmm good question... the blue and white one is I *think* the actual wire that carries the spark timing to the CDI... but dont quote me on that... if the pink wire that you have it connected to, goes to the same pin on the CDI unit that appears as the blue and white wire in my wiring diagram, you should be ok.... if it goes elsewhere, i have no idea, without seeing your entire loom or where they go...
after the initial loom comes out of the motor, colours dont really matter, as long as they go to the correct pin location on the CDI unit plug...

Hope that helps...

hey thump i think iv answered my own question regaring the all mysterious PINK WIRE...

the pink wire is the top right hand wire connected to the cdi..

and the blue and white one connected to it in the photos is connected to the same spot as another z160stator except its not blue and white its a solid pink also...

heres some photos to illastrate wat i just said..

View attachment 4113

View attachment 4114

so seeing as the blue and white is in the same spot as the pink wire... it should do the same job ayy???

i hope this is understandable

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back