Out of the box yx150 gpx 150 or 155z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX-747

Reaction score
So iam doin a transplant on my dhz 125 and not sure which of the 3 to choose from i no these motors have been covered seperately on here and other mini pages but im in 2 minds about choosing between them im really looking for something to bolt on and rip with a tbolt bbk at some point my previous yx140 is still going strong after almost 5 years
And the z160 crapped the gearbox and other issues multiple times so kinda scares me about a z155 but heard lots of good things about all the motors so i guess id like to no what the better option is?
Oh and i ride my bikes hard af like most of the boys obviously after there properly run in
Any help would be appreciated ps sorry for all the questions ��

i ride my bikes hard too...all or nothing and have had issues with the zho engines aswell!, always seems to be 2nd gear, yet have never caused any damage to the gearbox itself!!
always turns out to be bent shift-forks....
I think its my fault though as the clutch constantly needs adjusting as it heats up and you keep riding, but it only takes once to shift down a gear once clutch is hot and.......!!! bent forks again!!
I have just recently installed a cheap chinese hydraulic clutch which has worked flawlessly to this point and are self adjusting...
have only put a couple of hours on engine with hydro clutch and never had to adjust it as it gets hot, but time will tell.
problem is..., when you rippin it up you dont always notice that your clutch is hot and out of adjustment, you just slam the next gear anyway...haha
not to you pull into the pits and try to come to a stop/pull clutch, and nothing happens other than doing a drive by......lol

Yeah mate sucked coz i was so excited to get it and it failed on me im really keen on the z155 they sound mad but scared of the same thing happening so not sure what the better 150 is out of the bunch

Ive had two 155z’s. One was perfect, and the other had shift issues. The shift fork would pop over the drum and get stuck on the right side instead of being either side, if that makes sence? (There’s a thread on here with pics somewhere) I got it fixed and it hasn’t done it since, but I’m not sure how he actually fixed it.

My brother inlaw had heaps of issues with his but it was all operater error. He put a larger gear lever on it and when would jump in his boot be half sitting on his gear lever and he bent the shaft, now it gets stuck in gear and he has to hit it with a hammer to unjar the shaft. Lol

That being said, I still rate them! They’re a good strong runner, the close ratio box feels good. I’ve been thrashing mine for years (well not lately) and its still going strong. Just about everything else on the bike has fallen apart or broken but the engine still strong.

We'll I have 3 155z engines and now that you mention it cordogs have only had repeated issues with one of them. Had issues with it from day one, the other have been great so far and 1 has a v2 head.
The one with issues is the oldest of the 3 so prob just the first batch before all the quirks were ironed out.....
I still rate them aswell

Thanx for the info boys well i guess the next question is then which place to buy the z155 from? Seen assassin dirt bikes have them

Have you thought about an Anima 150?

Great motors and 4 valve. Will eat the z160.

Yeah motorman probly better to just buy a daytona 150 the 190 is banger so the lil version no doubt almost as good

yeah man, wack a pe28 on the 150 and youll be in for a fright!! ahah
good strong motor, i have found they will start pulling valves around the 70-100hr mark, but its just as easy to get a new set and away you go again for another 100 odd!!
yeah gearboxes are susceptible to a false neutral every now and again,ive heard you can re shim them to eliminate this issue, but its not a big deal, just give it a rev and kick and away you again, ;P good motors, plenty of power, you can buy decent pistons from Europe and other fancy bits too!!

We'll I have 3 155z engines and now that you mention it cordogs have only had repeated issues with one of them. Had issues with it from day one, the other have been great so far and 1 has a v2 head.
The one with issues is the oldest of the 3 so prob just the first batch before all the quirks were ironed out.....
I still rate them aswell

Hey mate have u got any z155 cylinder heads for sale or do u know anyone

I brought this off gumtree afew weeks ago it’s an atomik with an older style yx150 was pretty clapped but had a set of pro tapers and some Kendas I had to basically pull it apart had heaps of metal shaving on the sump plug and oil filter so I flushed them all out and I couldn’t find tdc would run fine though and didn’t make any weird noises so I replace the usual things and fixed the valve clearance put a new cdi,spark plug and lead put a 1/4 throttle oh and the tank was leaking :( and new grips a 22mm mikuni tightend every spoke and some engine covers feels like a new bike sounds awesome now and idles awesome if the motor lets go I’d probably just buy a newer yx150

Oh course I put a miniriders sticker on her ;)

Attachments

• 4FB0EE47-7D2C-4D4C-A639-D052712FE45E.jpeg
    4FB0EE47-7D2C-4D4C-A639-D052712FE45E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
YX150 is from YX factory, 155Z is from Zongshen factory. GPX150 depends on the years, the earlier versions are from YX, the later versions are from zongshen. YX140 is a stable motor because YX140 made by different team in YX factory, this is an old motor but quality is very good. compared 155Z and YX150, Zongshen is better quality for the big cc pit bike engine. my minds only, i worked in YX and Lifan

Latest posts

Back