Over heating maybe ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwerty243

Reaction score
Can someone help identifiy what could be causing this problem.

After riding for a couple hours today my bike started to run really sh!t like back firing, spluttering and stalling. so i stop and try and start my bike and it wont, kinda of sounded flooded after trying to start it. anyway i end up putting the choke on and it starts right up but when i take it off it dies instantly. even though my bikes really hot. that was confusing because i thought the purpose of a choke is for a cold engine ? so i left the choke on so i could ride it and it sounded horrible like i had kicked it in its metaphorical ballsack. i take the choke off and it stays alive but then it happens again a couple times so i end up leaving the engine off for a bit maybe 5- 10 mins and i managed to ride it home fairly normaly.

This is problem is happening after riding for a while at half throttle so dose mean my needle thingo need adjusting ? im assuming thats whats in use at around half throttle.

other than that i was thinking over heating but i really dont know.
My bikes a x-motos 250cc air cooled with a pz30mm carby

Sounds like your carb isn´t really a good unit and its running too lean .....start to jet it way more rich and go from there ;)

yeah ill have to take the carburetor and air filter off and give them a good clean also see what size jets i have. hopefully everything will be all good after that.

Also i changed my oil today i've only rode it twice since i changed the shipping oil out and it was really grey :eek: i read that its because of water, i may have rode through a huge puddle the other day lol. i was going way to fast to avoid it, i made it through.. just. i now take great care avoiding ponds... :11doh:

Don´t you worry about the oil...when a engine is new thats rather frequent;) Change the oil after every five hours and in notime it will be settled to a normal color when you change it.

Latest posts

Back