Over newbies "Which bike to buy" questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an idea Barryman...
How bout your initial post contains sponsors bikes...
we can leave "other" brands up to general members, that way MR mods wont be seen to be promoting non-sponsors scooters....

Will have to think about this one. Yeah we should be promoting sponsor bikes, but I ain't getting paid to promote them if you get me. That's what the ad's are for. I make recomendations based on what I have researched and ridden.

Tough one.

the term "selling out" comes too mind hmmmm

yes the sponsors get their ads and the support of the forum (if they actually are good) but they ain't paying to have all the oppositions bikes ruled out of the game

yeah same... that's the gay bit about modding... cant always speak our mind, or recommend from experience in the interest of sponsors...

eg: i stand by my comment that the Miniblitz is by far the best bang for buck mini available..... but it's a completely random bike, not sold by any sponsors... so i cant say anything.. Oops.. did i type that out loud??.... :p

haha I really wanted to be a mod at some stage.....
I think it was around the part where you all had your balls chopped off when I changed my mind...

sadly it's the price we pay for the privilege Rip... :(
On the plus side, we get to ban wankers. :)

**** it baz just ****in do it

who really gives a **** what the sponsors think and in 80% of cases we will be referring people to them and there bikes. we are not banned from mentioning other brands we arement to support our sponsors yes but we dont need to advertise for them thats what they pay chris for.

anyway i see what your doing to be a guideline for the farkking stupid we are not saying buy the ciniworx cxz175 over the rev because it's better but consider you options over these 3 or 4 bikes in that market ie. cini 175 revmx 155 pitster pro and probably dirtmax faggot cock sucker ****inator

mind you what eva you do you cant fix stupid people will always buy the cheap shit and come on here saying how good is this bike... and you know people like MV24 cant ****in read

At the end of the day the sponsors pay the site owners for advertising space. That's it. We don't have to recommend anything.

Thread is going ahead with whatever bikes we choose.

Although I won't be putting Dirtmax in the list. Better bikes for the money around anyway.

Didn't have time to get a rough draft out last night. Interstate for work for the next couple of days but it will be sorted by the weekend.

Although I won't be putting Dirtmax in the list. Better bikes for the money around anyway.

ok so I know this would be controversial... but it would be sweet to have a "black list" of bikes to avoid at all costs... like dirtmax, braaap, LEI, TDR, motovert, pitpro etc.....just pretty much any brand that has shit bikes at a high price which have no place and no reason to buy because the same can be had for so SO much cheaper... or better options for the same price.... and I would say atomik but they DO have bikes that are worth buying because there are no better options... but certain models like the motox125 would suit the blacklist

ok so I know this would be controversial... but it would be sweet to have a "black list" of bikes to avoid at all costs... like dirtmax, braaap, LEI, TDR, motovert, pitpro etc.....just pretty much any brand that has shit bikes at a high price which have no place and no reason to buy because the same can be had for so SO much cheaper... or better options for the same price.... and I would say atomik but they DO have bikes that are worth buying because there are no better options... but certain models like the motox125 would suit the blacklist

Sorry Rip but I disagree there. You can't say vert's and brapp are crap cause of the price tag. If you haggle you can get them down quite a bit. I would also take a pitpro over an atomic any day of the week.

This is were it is going to come down to personal opinions. Just need to figure out a happy medium. Still got this high on the hit list so will make a decent rough one up and you guys can pick through it.

Can't really make a blacklist as such because we would be shooting ourselves in the foot for future sponsorship. The more sponsors, the bigger and better the site can get (whether you like the sponsors or not).

This is what I've got at the moment:

$0 - $1000 = Atomik Nitrous, Pitpro.
$1000 - $2000 = DHZ, motovert, Genuine thumpstar, CRF.
$2000 - $3000 = RevolutionMX, Cinixwork, Pitster pro.
Not worth it - TDR, Lei, Atomik (Besides nitrous).

I know there are a heap more bikes out there but these seem to be the most common out.

This is what I've got at the moment:

$0 - $1000 = Atomik Nitrous, Pitpro.
$1000 - $2000 = DHZ, motovert, Genuine thumpstar, CRF.
$2000 - $3000 = RevolutionMX, Cinixwork, Pitster pro.
Not worth it - TDR, Lei, Atomik (Besides nitrous).

I know there are a heap more bikes out there but these seem to be the most common out.

I gotta get back on this idea. Looks pretty close mate. Except verts are a bit more than that.

I reckon do the prices in $500 blocks ($500-$1000, $1000-$1500...)
Was thinking maybe have a little Overview of what you get for that price range in terms of quality of the bikes and the "recommended" upgrades straight out of the box with the cheaper ones.
Possibly start a word document to pass around here so we can add/edit it as we've all had experiences with a range of bikes. Then copy the final product to a nice Sticky thread.

Bike for your Budget

Spent a few hours on this so it better help people lol

Haven't really read over it but I'm hoping to get your input to fine tune this and add any bikes I've missed out or things to add or change about it. Basically shows people their options for each price range and a bit about what they will get.

Bike for your Budget

$0 - $500 = TDR, LEI MOTO, MOTOWORKS
Overview: All of these bikes are JUNK. Poor quality and poor customer service, not worth it, keep saving or you will be disappointed.

$500 - $1000 = ATOMIK, PITPRO, DHZ
Overview: For the bottom half of this price bracket you’re looking at an Atomik Nitrous. Not a bad bike, but you can do a lot better. Fine if the riding isn’t too serious and you don’t mind a fairly rough ride. Take is easy on the jumping. If you decide on a Nitrous the best buy would be the 160cc.
Moving up to the $800 mark is the Pitpro 125cc. Pitpro is basically an overpriced Nitrous. Has a spare kit but still not justified.
At the top of this price bracket is something like a DHZ DPRO 125. This is a better quality bike than the Atomik and Pitpro, but the lower range of the DHZ bikes. The after sales service of DHZ is well recognised and parts are readily available from their website. If your budget is at this end of this price bracket, you’re probably best to save a little bit more for one of DHZ’s more recognised bikes.
Recommended upgrades straight out of the box for these bikes would include a quality chain (RK, D.I.D), Uni filter, fuel filter, NGK spark plug, grips, Pro Taper handlebars, Tyres (Kenda Carlsbad).

$1000 - $1500 = PITPRO, DHZ
Overview: For slightly over $1000 you can get a DHZ Outlaw 140 which is similar to the DPRO 125 but with a Zongshen 140cc engine and oil cooler.
Moving up to around $1200 you can get a new release DPRO 140. This is getting more serious with a ¼ turn throttle and big bore exhaust on the Zongshen 140cc engine. Certainly a bike to consider in this price range.
There are Pitpro 140cc and 150cc bikes moving up around this price range however it is not something you would buy when you can get a DHZ for the same price or cheaper!
At the top of this price range is the DHZ DPRO 160. Much like the other DPRO’s but the extra dollars on this bike is going towards the Pitsterpro 155z engine. If you’re looking to race then an engine like this is a good start.
Recommended upgrades straight out of the box for these bikes would include a quality chain (RK, D.I.D), Uni filter, fuel filter, NGK spark plug, grips, Pro Taper handlebars, Tyres (Kenda Carlsbad). However NGK spark plug is stock in DHZ bikes and often free Pro Taper handlebars.

$1500 - $2000 = PITPRO, DHZ, REVMX
Overview: Once again, you can get something like a Pitpro 160cc, but you wouldn’t when you have all the DHZ bike options.
Mid way in this price range is the DHZ Outlaw 160R. This is a great bike and something to look at if you’re starting to get serious about racing. This bike has power with the Pitsterpro z160 HO engine. The ride is improved with the suspension, GPX Moto Black Label 735mm USD Forks up front and DNM(MTG-RC) 850LBS PIGGY Back 290L Rear Shock. This ride and engine with a ¼ throttle will get you round the track with no problem.
Recommended upgrades straight out of the box for this bike would include a quality chain (RK, D.I.D), Uni filter, fuel filter, grips, Pro Taper handlebars, rim locks. Pro Taper handlebars included.
For $1999 you can get the RevolutionMX TTR 155z. Here you are introduced to linkage bikes, which have a rear suspension linkage setup like big bikes. This creates a smoother ride and really keeps the rear end held to the ground for the power you’re after. DNM front and rear suspension, Zongshen 155z engine, this is a race bike. Complete spares kit so the only initial upgrades would be grips. This is worth buying and great value for money.

$2000 - $2500 = REVMX, CINIWORX
Overview: Stepping up there is the RevolutionMX TTR 175z which is the same as the TTR 155z but has the added power of the Zongshen 175z engine.
Also there is the Ciniworx CXZ175. Similar to the RevMX TTR175z, this bike is suitable to race. It has Weston forks and Fastace rear shock combined with the linkage for a smooth ride. Choice of MOLKT or OKO carby. Red billet CNC parts everywhere (hubs, triple clamps, throttle, etc). Also comes with complete spares kit so grips are the only initial upgrade, however better stock grips than the cheaper bikes. The after sales service from Ciniworx is truly fantastic and you really get looked after. This is worth every cent.
Choosing between the RevolutionMX and Ciniworx will come down to personal preference and probably location for postage and after sales service (RevMX NSW, Ciniworx VIC).

$2500 - $3000 = Pitsterpro
Overview: For this price range there is the Pitsterpro X4R. Pitsterpro is basically the benchmark for pit bikes. The X4R has the GPX Moto 155z engine, GPX Moto 33mm inverted forks and GPX DNM Piggy Back rear shock. This bike is most certainly quality, however does not have the linkage setup that the RevMX, Ciniworx CXZ and Pitsterpro LXR has. So it would be worth considering the option of those 3 bikes, as you can get the RevMX and Ciniworx cheaper than the X4R.

$3000 - $3500 = Pitsterpro
Overview: The Pitsterpro LXR is a bike that other bikes are often compared to due to its quality and reputation as a benchmark for pit bikes. It is a great bike, pretty top of the range. It has the GPX Moto 155z engine, GPX Moto 33mm inverted forks and the first to introduce the linkage suspension setup in pit bikes. This bike has everything you need. Considering the RevMX and Ciniworx is worth the thought as they are a fair bit cheaper and have basically copied the LXR.

topguntravis

Latest posts

Back