Owner Review: Atomik Reign Bigfoot 150cc 2012

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khalid98

Reaction score
Atomik Reign Bigfoot 150cc 2012

Model: Reign Bigfoot

Make: Atomik

Year: 2012

Specs:
Engine: Genuine Atomik YX150 Big Bore Race Engine - 150cc
Fuel capacity: 5L
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
Suspension System: 740mm Alloy Upside Down Fork & 1000 lbs 305mm Nitrogen
Max speed: 95-100 km/h
Weight: 80KG's
Bike Size: Mid-Size - Bigfoot
WheelBase: 1210mm
Engine starting: Kickstarting
Brakes: Hydraulic Brake with Single Piston Caliper - Ventilated Disc Rotor
Seat Height: 840mm / 84cm
Body Material: KLX140 Frame and Plastics

Who this bike is for: Someone who wants power and fairly reliable parts for a good price and somebody that wants a fast bike that isnt too small and has a high seat height.

Price: $1350 RRP

Putting together the bike took about 3 hours but at the end everything was all set then I tried to kick it over and it took a hell of a lot of kicks but it finally started but wouldnt idle, so I adjusted the idle and it ran perfect I was shocked at how loud it is maybe because of the twin pipes.

Overall its a very good bike for anyone 14 and above and can fit adults easily with its high 840mm seat height and 17 inch front and 14 inch rear wheel.

Photos:

402533_266309870106816_100001834168481_646418_1144136314_n.jpg

424028_266309933440143_100001834168481_646420_1350394853_n.jpg

426474_267644983306638_1501210264_n.jpg

reignbigfoot150m-part20_1.jpg

All the best
Khalid

Last edited:
dear god please tell me you at the very least changed the oil before you kicked it over.... not to mention took the oil filter out and got all the steel chips out of it.......

dear god please tell me you at the very least changed the oil before you kicked it over.... not to mention took the oil filter out and got all the steel chips out of it.......

Yep dumped out the stock oil which was actually clean and put in some nice 4 stroke roadbike / dirt bike oil.

Yep dumped out the stock oil which was actually clean and put in some nice 4 stroke roadbike / dirt bike oil.

Of course it was clean it was new. What did you put back in it..4 stroke road bike/dirt bike oil?? What oil?

And for what its worth, most owner reviews are from owners that have had there bike for a while, tinkered with it, know the in's and out's of it AND have actually ridden it.

You cant do an owner review on a bike you got yesterday.

i have to agree with sean here... but i do like the look of the klx140 style its got... excluding the twin pipes..

Of course it was clean it was new. What did you put back in it..4 stroke road bike/dirt bike oil?? What oil?

And for what its worth, most owner reviews are from owners that have had there bike for a while, tinkered with it, know the in's and out's of it AND have actually ridden it.

You cant do an owner review on a bike you got yesterday.

Yeah, I cant really do a detailed review but I have been riding it for a couple of hours today and got some feel of it also I bought some oil from this local motorbike store that was the type of oil that they said to use on it in the manual.

Last edited:
just make sure its a mineral oil... these clutches need something with friction to help the clutch work... dont get a synthetic one... also take out the oil filter and clean out all the steal thats in it. when i got my nitrous my filter was full of steal filings and steal chips from then the cases where machined. and when i ran a magnet through my oil drop tray i found even more steal filings.. plus its always good practice to change and oil filter at the same time...

just make sure its a mineral oil... these clutches need something with friction to help the clutch work... dont get a synthetic one... also take out the oil filter and clean out all the steal thats in it. when i got my nitrous my filter was full of steal filings and steal chips from then the cases where machined. and when i ran a magnet through my oil drop tray i found even more steal filings.. plus its always good practice to change and oil filter at the same time...

Mine had completley no metal in it maybe you were just unlucky.

Mine had completley no metal in it maybe you were just unlucky.

im not the only one who has had steel shavings in their oil... check out the reviews on atomiks with yx motors... i would say atomik has finally picked up their act with cleaning their engines before assembling them..

im not the only one who has had steel shavings in their oil... check out the reviews on atomiks with yx motors... i would say atomik has finally picked up their act with cleaning their engines before assembling them..

Yeah, seems like less and less people are having shaving in their oil.

Last edited:
^^^ What defines a good brand is there after-sales support and customer service, Atomik make no effort in that regard, so while there China factory steps up somewhat, they are lacking on there part here in Aus...

^^^ What defines a good brand is there after-sales support and customer service, Atomik make no effort in that regard, so while there China factory steps up somewhat, they are lacking on there part here in Aus...

yeah i agree with you on that part but i know an independent importer of chinese bikes and he answered all my questions about atomiks.. and he sells his bikes with warranty so if anything breaks he will fix or replace it...

for the price you pay its a good deal and there made by the same people as motovert and pit pro

and iv once had to get a new back shock since mine was broken from the factory and they replaced it at no charge except for 20 bucks shipping so there support is up to scratch IMO.:reckon: if you need any help just ask thx jesse

^^^^lol that sums it up - charging people postage on what should rightfully be replaced free!

But enough bickering, and I'm partly to blame, this is a review so back on topic peoples!

tim just make sure that all bolts are done up inside right engine casing just behind clutch, a friend got one a while back and one of the bolts came unstuck and got wizzed around the casing, freaked us out thinking it could've been internal gears, anyway good luck on the bike =) Enjoy riding and let us know how it goes a couple months into riding!

Latest posts

Back