Owner review: Dhz dpro 160 2009

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paton

Reaction score
DHZ DPRO 160

Engine:pITSTERPRO 155Z OIL COOLED BIG VALVE 4 ST

What can i say here apart from this engine absolutely hammers! I have recently finished running the bike in and was extremely impressed from the first lap around the track.
Clutch is good, not to heavy and has a nice action
Gears, 1st is very short gets you rolling and that's it. 2nd, 3rd, 4th are all sweet
Motor started on me i think 2nd kick out of the box, now its first time every time warm or cold.
Only problem i have with the motor is, out of perhaps 5 hours of riding it, it slips into neutral between 2nd and 3rd, maybe 4 or 5 times. Not enough to get me annoyed

Overall: 9/10 :D

Frame and Suspension:

The frame is the made from chromolly and is the twin tube cradle frame, awesome frame really strong and well made i feel i can jump this bike with confidence that it wont snap in two.
Front suspension is just the DHZ factory USD forks, these are not adjustable and are a little stiff out of the box but around a bumpy track it still felt under control. I don't feel the need to upgrade them, so they aint that bad. At the rear, DHZ's stock 1000 pound rear shock, is also a little stiff too but was OK after i got used to it.

Overall: Frame- 9/10 Suspension- not the best, but not bad either. 7/10

Breaks

I changed the chinky fluid when i was setting up the bike, the rear brake is quite touchy and i will be looking at adjusting it as it will lock up on you quite easily. The front isn't to bad, she pulls up, probably would like it to be a bit more responsive but it's ok

6/10

Some other specs

Seat Height: 810mm
Maximum Load: 140kgs
Fuel Capacity: 3L
Engine Oil Capacity: 900ml
Carburetor: Mikuni 30mm Racing Carburetor
Starting System: Kick Start only

This bike i am extremely happy with! my price range i was looking in was 1200-1500 and this one in defiantly the best, i put it next to the pit pro 150 and it didn't compare, as the frame and motor in the DHZ was miles better. Price advertised on the DHZ website is $1,424 with pro tapers. EXCELLENT BANG FOR THE BUCK! And the service from DHZ is great

I must thank the people on this forum who directed me to DHZ... cheers boys!
And thanks to KEN from DHZ for hooking us up.

DHZ004.jpg

Nice review mate :D:D Keep us updated on it;). Got a vid of it running? Should embed it. Once again nice review.

good job with the review, pritty detailed, props and hope you like your new bike.

Thanks Paton for the review , very well done

We here at MiniRiders appreciate the time and effort this has taken you , it servers the site well and we hope to be off more assistance to you in the future ,BTW nice looking bike

thanks guys im no motorbike mechanic so i tried my best to get as technical as i could without making up crap lol. will gets some vids next weekend i hope.

DHZ001.jpg

more pics coming trying to workout photo bucket still. whats a good size to re size your photo too?

in photoshop I find 700-600 pixels across works good. use imageshack it's way less complicated than photobucket and you don't need an account

ah ok might give image shack a go and try and edit that last photo as it comes up too big.

lol I think that photo comes up too small, I like to be able to see details, not a blurry avatar type pic
that's 320 pixels across, half of what I recommended

great review mate, think if i am to update on a bike it will be the DHZ 160.
keep us updated on any other faults yer ;)

lol dvd rip yesterday that photo was huge on my screen and today its tiny :S no idea whats goin on lol

if anyone wants some close up pics of anything let me no and i will get better ones.

genuine rider, its a great bike man if your looking to update this defiantly wont disappoint i recommend it highly

hey paton, I recently bought a dpro 160 my self and have noticed a wire sticking out the side i dont know what it is for, ken at dhz said it was for the lights and it is not used, i dont know if this is right or not, i have sttached a photo of the wire.

Last edited:
gimme 5 mins mate ill have a look at mine, is your bike running fine without it plugged into anything? there are 2 wires that are used for lighting that shouldn't be plugged into anything

i cant actually see the two wires that are for lighting on mine, ken is right though that's what they are for, he wouldn't lie to ya. but my green/black wire goes to my kill switch so is your kill switch working ok?

If everything is working fine on your bike then that's what the wire will be, just wrap some electrical tape around it and poke it inside the frame, and one day if you are looking to run lights then that's one of 2 wires to look for.

thanks for the reply mate, yeh everything is running fine and the kill switch is working it must be the light wire after all. Great review by the way.

Last edited:
good review do all DHZ bikes come with the same frame

Im not sure mate, they are all heavy duty twin cromolly tube frames, the size of the frame, i am unsure of how much the size ranges between say the 125 and 160. I no between the 140 outlaw and the dpro 160 the seat hieght on the 160 is 30mm higher, so i'd say they range in size a little bit, someone else on here would be able to tell ya for sure.

hay
them forks are not to bad i got the **** oil in them drained and had a good quality heaver oil put in them and they work good

great review

hmm... these 155z seem to be common to drop out of gear but to be honest i dont think its quite droppoing out of gear as we arent clicking it into gear properly

move your gear lever down a notch and see it helps just be consciou about it when your riding to click it up hard

Latest posts

Back