Owner review: Dhz dpro 160 2009

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

Ok so Had the bike for 7 months or so. and it's looking alot different now so i thought i would post some pics and include the parts ive either had to upgrade or upgraded anyway.

Part upgrades are:

Pro Tapers
Uni Filter
Red Scott Grips (stock grips were crap)
Vee Rubber rear tire
Bilet fuel cap
CNC gear shifter (Snapped the stock one)
D.I.D race chain (KMC stretched to the point of no return)
Alpinestars Sticker kit
Fuel line (useless bling lol)

The bike has been great still. No real majors to report apart from my exhaust gasket giving me grief. all sorted now. Just kept up with the regular oil changes and valve clearance checks, washing the bike after every ride ect.

The bikes frame has really surprised me, as has the suspension. To what seemed to firm to start with the forks with an oil change are really quite good. I have been hitting a hole range of jumps and the frame is as good as day one.

Can still recommend this bike to anyone.

new wanting some help from experienced owner of dpro160

Hey mate
how do you do a valve clearance check?
is there a thread that show you how and is it hard?
cheers
matt

Hey paton do u have any video footage of your mad bike i am going to get one of these in a couple of weeks and am interested to hear and see how one goes... cheers

Hey Paton, I have to agree with your choice, I have the same bike and could not be happier. It has performed beyond expectation.

Ryan85g they sound awesome and go like a bat out of hell. Remember to hold on! try not to laugh too much when you accelerate, you lose concentration! haha

I laughed for the first 30 minutes on this bike, and it still brings a smile everytime I get on it!

46471_1530586299579_1082385307_1532609_137740_n.jpg

i love my DHZ, sensational quality bike for the price and so strong.. recently added a Rockstar graphics kit to my bike just to give it that racing look lol..

yeah i know what you mean, i cant get enough of my bike it is just so much fun.. i want to ride it every minute of the day..

@paton

I'm looking to buy a DPRO160 like this but i'm not sure if i'm too big to really get the most out of this bike i'm 6'2 and 87kgs. Just wondering how big you were and what your thought are.

lol im getting a 160 crf70 china, im 90kg just under 6", all im doing is changing the shock over

@ patron

What distance do you have your valve set at?
I've got mine at .03mm on both valves but it doesnt sound quite right?
(when I say it's not sounding right it not a constantly ticking, caused by the valves being too loose. Instead it sounds as though the piston is properly lubricated, but the oil levels are right and I've adjusted the valves numerous times but I can't get it perfect)
It's a new bike and I've followed the running method shown on a couple of threads, but probably revved it too hard. Could the sound be caused cause I've shagged the internals.
I've got the newer 160cc so it's probably a little different.

Ok so Had the bike for 7 months or so. and it's looking alot different now so i thought i would post some pics and include the parts ive either had to upgrade or upgraded anyway.

Part upgrades are:

Pro Tapers
Uni Filter
Red Scott Grips (stock grips were crap)
Vee Rubber rear tire
Bilet fuel cap
CNC gear shifter (Snapped the stock one)
D.I.D race chain (KMC stretched to the point of no return)
Alpinestars Sticker kit
Fuel line (useless bling lol)

The bike has been great still. No real majors to report apart from my exhaust gasket giving me grief. all sorted now. Just kept up with the regular oil changes and valve clearance checks, washing the bike after every ride ect.

The bikes frame has really surprised me, as has the suspension. To what seemed to firm to start with the forks with an oil change are really quite good. I have been hitting a hole range of jumps and the frame is as good as day one.

Can still recommend this bike to anyone.

Hey, where did you get your alpinestars sticker kit from! I cant find it anywhere! I absolutely love it! :D

Have a look on the one industries site or eBay mate you should be able to find them . There cool I have a set of them aswell

Latest posts

Back