Owner Review: DHZ Outlaw 160r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gonna recommend that you do mate. The quality of the DHZ parts are awesome and the rear shock mount issue has been amended in the newer models. The geometry of the crf70 style bikes are nice and combined with the 160ho/155z they perform really well. As with all bikes a bit of initial TLC in locktighting and greasing bits will make this bike last alot longer.

Others will have other opinions no doubt, but at the end of the day it's your bike and your gonna be riding it, so if you like it and it brings you joy the Why not?

Regards,
Carlton

I have just spent a weekend away camping and rididng and my bike went awsome. Didnt miss a beat all weekend and it flys.
The frame is an issure but can be fixed very easily and the rims buckle as im sure most do. I recommend buying one. You will love it.

didn't end up getting one seems they'd rather loose 1500, instead of 350... unfortunately i couldn't withdraw as much as i wanted so not so much my loss

might look at a lxr later on the bike didn't seem as appealing as the pitster

owell

Hey mate, nice review :) How many hours are on the motor at the moment? And has it been reliable? I've heard of many yx160 blowing the crap out of themselves so I'm just wondering is the z155 any better?

Hey buddy, engine has just hit 32 hours. still going very very strong and has not had a easy life lugging my mass around at high rpm

Haha ohk, thanks :) Also, what have you needed to do to it to keep it running so strong?

Constant maintenance. I change the oil regularly. Air filter cleaned after every ride.Cleaned after every heat of racing. Use a pre filter on the air filter. Let it warm up before riding it. Check valve clearances regularly. Keep the bike clean and everything greased.

iv got the same engine as you and since new its been making this knocking noise in the engine.

rod knock ?? - YouTube

iv adjusted valves a couple of times and im pretty sure iv done them right, 0.003 and 0.004 .
does yours sound similar to this?

I dont have speakers hooked up to my pc to listen to it. My engine dont make any knocking noises though.

sounds a little excessive when u rev it but mine sounds the same idling

nice write up mate
Great review mate. I just purchased a DHZ160. And was very sceptical about these types of bikes. Never heard of them. I'm more a name brand bike type of person. But so far am really happy with mine. Much better build than those other Chinese bikes.

Latest posts

Back