OWNER REVIEW: Pitster Pro x4r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
well i got my pitster pro x4r on tuesday and i was impressed even when i took the carboard off the box... you could simply tell it was going to be a better bike than others just by the the design of the metal frame it came, it was much more sturdier and more thought about

Since friday afteroon i put the bike together, sused it all out, broke it in and added some goodies

NEGATIVES
I will start with the things i didnt like: which were the footpegs.. the footpeg design themselfs are very good but trying to get them on was a real ***** compared to other pitbikes and once on they sit a bit crooked (up and backwards) will get a pic of it

The seat is the other.. It is very hard and stiff but im hoping it will loosen up bit

The positioin of the fuel tap (im not sure what its like on similar klx bikes) is a real pain to get (under the plastic and behind the air filter) so not to worry to much you could cut a little peice off the plastic

POSITIVES

The things that really impressed me were the rims.. i havent seen rims like fron china like these, they are matt black and appear to wider than most and just look really strong and not like your avergae china rim

The silencer on the exhaust is great!! it actually works and really quitens your bike without it sounding really crappy. So if you live in a an area where neigbours are still close enough to hear you then one of these exhausts would be great

The forged kickstarter of cause works wonders it makes it much easier on the foot and just genreally easier to start

The stock bars impressed me they are really thick the whole way round and have a nice bend to them and height

The suspenions is great on the bike but cant say i have fully tested it but over stutters you it just soaks up every bump and you just cruise over them, at first it thought the forks were going to be rather average but are really good they have a nice smooth feel with heaps travel and plenty of adjustmens on them (compression and reload adjutsments on each leg)

The overall appearance of the bike is great especially when it is in your garage hehe.... everything looks tough and just great

it also came with one of those klx subframe extensions already on the bike (makes picking up the bike easier)

Brakes are good, not too touchy but will pull you up easily without locking up

RATINGS

appearance 8/10
engine performace 9/10
suspension 9/10
overall handling 8/10

CONCLUSION

If you are looking for a pitbike with alot of the goodies, performance and all of that at a low price i would have to say this would be a perfect bike, they dont get better than this for the price. A perfect bike for racing and not blowing your budget

The only immediate upgrades i did were carby (oko flatslide 26mm), grips (protaper pillow tops), throttle (red billet 1/4, the stock throttle is alright but i didnt like it). So as you can see there really isnt a need to upgrade much on the bike just little personal things

Another thing to buy for a new bike is a magentic oil drain plug, it just helps get all little metal filings out of your gearbox not a necessity but im sure it would help for long term

VIDEO:

YouTube - PITSTER PRO X4R.wmv

Last edited:
nice one PBK, get a decent chain for it too and a rimlock if it doesn't have one.
Does it come stock with magnetic drain plug? my new 160 did

yer unfortunately no rimlock or drain plug...

i wonder how long it will last with out rimlock.....ill put a rimlock in with next set of tyres

yerp no rimlock...

heres some piccys

P1090121.jpg

P1090116.jpg

extended subframe

P1090120.jpg

the foot pegs looking at them from the front of the bike

P1090118.jpg

the rear wheel. the hub just has ASC on it??

P1090117.jpg

nice bike pit how much did it set you back?

ill keep all that quite but lets just say ken looked after me and cut a nice deal

UPDATE

also i find the gearing stock on this a bit short will find out for you what it is...

tho i suppose it depends on what you ride for wether it would be short or not

Last edited:
PICS!! :D I'm a very jealous man

What's with the poo filter lol?

I thought they came with 7075 alloy wheels but meh the steel one's are pretty tuff.

I think the pegs are meant to be like that, If you think about the riding position wearing full size boots your feet tend to angle out a bit.

yer i dont think there steel rims could be wrong i will try to get a better pic tomorrow

stick a magnet on them to see, alloy rims are straight at the bead.

Yer i thought they would of come with the new wheels they run on the lxrs

The pegs do look like a different angle to me?

Yer the gearing is abit short on the Z ... but good for racing i guess , your never gonna get 4th pinned on a track.. even 3rd flat would be abit hard on a mini track.

It looks like you have bent the front lever already ? :D

hmmm

there priced well but you can really see where the savings come from compared to other bikes in that class ie. motovert pro (not the daychina model the cheap american one bout 3k) and the ciniworx expert 160.....

for starters defiantly steel rims and conical hubs I'd be a little worried about putting horse power through cast alloy hubs but i suppose there haven't been to many issues so far..... the ciniworx has billet hubs and alloy rims, worth coin, weston forks are bout 500 more than the gpx ones but it retails bout $2700 the bikes are same same for the rest of the part pretty much. i'm not sure what the verts are running but i thought the white 150's had conical hubs to and they where rrp at 3k. To much for what there worth.

anyway nice bike pbk you will really enjoy it
and year the 155 is a bit short of the gearing side even running big wheels i think ed has a 17 tooth on the front atm and he's got heaps of juice still but he's not constantly scrambling for gears.
on small wheels maybe go a tooth up i cant remember what it is stock

enjoy

Yer i thought they would of come with the new wheels they run on the lxrs

The pegs do look like a different angle to me?

Yer the gearing is abit short on the Z ... but good for racing i guess , your never gonna get 4th pinned on a track.. even 3rd flat would be abit hard on a mini track.

It looks like you have bent the front lever already ? :D

yes the bike came with like a portable stand i thought i would try it out and fell over on me but i actually like the bend on the lever now its much better :D more like a bmx

and at the Kurri Kurri track (hunter jam) there is a taright you just about get 4th pinned

and rip magent sticks to rims

cheers coolie .... if the hubs brake i will get some billet red hubs laced to the new 7075s rims but for now i wont worry

Last edited:
yea rims are steel then if magnet sticks, I wouldn't worry about it just wait n see if the hubs break.
Alloy rims are just a little bit lighter and anodizing looks good but that's about it, cnc hubs are stronger but you gotta watch out for the sprocket side coming loose all the time.

so if cnc hubs arent that great and steel are ****e what other options are there???

no-crf is right they are bloody hard to fix,

I currently have hi-tensile bolts, split washers and full strength locktight on both my sprocket and the sprocket plate, only been on one ride so am yet to see if they hold up, but I previously tried just locktight and locktight with crap split washers. coolie mentioned having both mating surfaces machined down to make them fit perfectly too, then you could use some retaining compound to hold it all together

they really are a pain in the a$$

yep and the newer version of them with the small bolt hole centres you cant get tuff enough sprockets but the bearings apparently hold out better

ah so my K1 will have billet rims and hubs yeh?... myn used to look like your x4r haha.. then it hit the dirt.

Latest posts

Back