OWNER REVIEW: Pitster Pro x4r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey pete after hearing all that i would check your sprocket to see of the bolts are loose..

and your mean green fighting machine never looked like my x4r :p

Last edited:
PBK, the big question is, how does it compare to your old 150 performance wise?...
How big is the gap, between the X4R, and a modded 150 DHZ Monster with GPX front end and fastace rear etc?

PBK, the big question is, how does it compare to your old 150 performance wise?...
How big is the gap, between the X4R, and a modded 150 DHZ Monster with GPX front end and fastace rear etc?

performance wise is actually similar yes the 160 is faster acceleration tho i think the gearing is playing a big part in this.. as i find this hits top speed very quickly so if i went the same gearing as my dhz i reckon it would kill it ( you also gotta remember you can mod a gpx/yx with bore kits and heads and cams ... our very limited to the lifan 150)

handling is heaps better it just grips i still havent come off it yet, it jumps like a dream. To be honest with i was **** scared jumping my dhz but the pitster is just takes off smooth and lands smooth wether its to flat or a down ramp

the suspension is WAY better than my old dhz for sure i would definately upgrade the forks to the new black gpx ones

yea cheap china forks are rubbish.... I had the same thing jumping was rough and scary until I got the GPX forks on it. that's why I say cheap china's are rubbish pitpro/atomik/dhz all use the same **** forks

MV24 you said you got 7075 rims ? ripped off again lol

im going a smaller rear.. it is hard enough to get the chain off with the size of the front sprocket.. oh while im at it ill get a DID chain.

ok this apparently the gearing for the x4r will double check tomorrow

420/ 16T x 39T

god i missed a bit.. bloody halarious.. oh i know this is off topic.. but sorta is on topic at the same time.

I went to pacific park (a local area to ride, pay 25 bucks and your in. no jumps.. just grass track etc.)
anyway.. i was going a round a sweet grass track on my DHZ K1 (got the 155z in it) and a kid bout my age (16) joined me on a crf150r. The 155 was all over him and i aint exactly the best rider but the 155z was keeping up no worries and the kid was giving it some. he had racing numbers which doesnt mean much but usually means he can race. i spose the 155z and a 12 inch rear wheel combo was what did it.

so anyone wondering.. yes you can beat a 150r with a 155z :D haha

So a good choice PBK.

UPDATE:

i decided to polish my intake manifold and the start of my intake port (just before the valve guide) and WOW it takes like little throttle when in neutral to valve bounce at first i was like wtf is that noise then i clicked i was valve bouncing it :s

so anyway definately a worthwile mod it takes maybe 1 hour tops i will show you the little dremel kit i got from bunnigs in a organe case for 30 bucks and comes with heaps of goodies

did you take out the vavles when doing the the bit jst before the valves guide???

nah i put a few layers of rags so i vaccumed it out took first layer of rag out vaccumed again and so on and also wiped he inside out with a oily rag to catch any metal filings and then cleaned it out with petrol... so dont worry i took all safety precaustions

UPDATE

well i have ths same sprocket/hub problem as the lxr does

the holes in the sprocket are bigger than the bolt giving it freeplay

im thinking of drilling out the hub and taping a new thread in and get bolts the same size as holes the sprockt or... welding up the holes in the sprocket and drilling new holes through??.......

im thinking first option sounds safer in a way but i suppose a new sprocket is only 50 bucks

loosen the bolts , spin the sprocket Anti Clockwise as far as you can , and tighten the bolts. has worked for me for a couple months

Latest posts

Back