paging Eichkay or any other daytona 150 /ct70 guru

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondastan

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a dilema, a good one to have, but a dilema at that.

I have a 1970 ct70, I've also got a Daytona 150 2 valve (trex) which I've installed. Mt stator seems to have failed and I need to replace it.

I've been reading (so much my heads gonna explode) about the various differences between Daytona rotors. If I want to run a headlight, tail light digital speedo, turn signals and possibly a horn, so I don't think the stock small stator on the day to as will produce enough current to charge my batt and fun the headlight.

For this I request the help of eichkay or any other Daytona guru.

Should I seek out a midweight rotor for the bike or should I usea
lifan 150 (Daytona clone) stator which looks identical to the stock Daytona.

I've got the Daytona harness but also have a Chinese close (12v) harness installed in then bike from the 110 lifan motor I bought it with.

Any insight into what the most cost efficient way to get maximum power would be, I would love the help.

Thank you

I found the stock lighting coil setup not upto the task of keeping the battery charged with globe indicators and 30/30 headlight... I ended up swapping a Daytona middle weight setup into my Daytona 150e but this was wired for stock Honda jz style harness I rewired the plug to suit the 150e supplied harness which I already had tapped and modded into the 6v harness from tb for my 1974 ct70 ... Any lighting coil setup should work fine providing you are swapping the complete baseplate and mag over at the same time

Thanks for your reply

I found the stock lighting coil setup not upto the task of keeping the battery charged with globe indicators and 30/30 headlight... I ended up swapping a Daytona middle weight setup into my Daytona 150e but this was wired for stock Honda jz style harness I rewired the plug to suit the 150e supplied harness which I already had tapped and modded into the 6v harness from tb for my 1974 ct70 ... Any lighting coil setup should work fine providing you are swapping the complete baseplate and mag over at the same time

Thanks for your reply man, I appreciate it

With the price of the middle weight rotor being over $250 USD I am not sure if I want to spend that much. The lifan copy of the coil wil probably produce a poor amount power as well since its a daytona copy. Since you really seem you know your stuff, what would be a good lighting set up stator to run (if there's a type you think works, il seek it out). The sachs magneto looks cool too but if I in pedestals that requires wiring to the battery for spark (something I don't think I want/understand) . What's your thought on this option?

Dr atv had some sort of "upgrade " for lifan 150's to boost their power (looks like what I need ) and claims to put out 90w but when asking dratv about it I got a pleasant, long email saying " I'm out and don't have an eta" .

Thank you again for taking the time to respond. With all the power these motors put out, one would expect good power as well, **** the lifan I had was at least creating juice (be it I was basically a hood ornament for many cars due to the qccelareatiom of that motor).

If you change to LED indicators and tail
Light and run a globe at the front power wise the stock lighting coil would work fine... Other brands for power output I don't know .. Price wasn't a concern to me I brought what I felt it needed. It's the only china based motor I own and it'll be changed out in the coming year most likely as I only dropped the Daytona in as it was the best around without buying a takegawa crate motor from Japan as my money couldn't stretch that far for the build at the time

Hey eichkay Ct70 Daytona 12v ?'S

If you change to LED indicators and tail
Light and run a globe at the front power wise the stock lighting coil would work fine... Other brands for power output I don't know .. Price wasn't a concern to me I brought what I felt it needed. It's the only china based motor I own and it'll be changed out in the coming year most likely as I only dropped the Daytona in as it was the best around without buying a takegawa crate motor from Japan as my money couldn't stretch that far for the build at the time

So I got the 150cc trex and the Daytona middle weight rotor kit from Japan. But I need a wiring harness. Would I use a CT90 k2-k6 harness so I have signals and everthing in one? Thank's Seth

p.s I need a good exhaust any idea's?

Latest posts

Back