Paint for some parts... lets say its for later down the track ;)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dunno about high temp paint,
but Duplicolor Stainless steel looks kind of close

ss400-stainless-steel-paint.jpg

stainless.jpg2_.jpg

or Ford Sterling Grey metallic looks close too.

ford82w7.jpg

Should do 'em in a Ducati colour, like this

but the colours are similiar i suppose

Last edited:
watch for the Ford Kuga ad on tv, picture that colour in satin, not gloss
the finish colours will all depend on how you spray it too, heavy light, gloss, satin etc etc

Return of this thread... I'm planning on stripping the cini's frame.... Need some stripper, primer? And some black paint (spray paint) and as close as yamaha blue paint as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return of this thread... I'm planning on stripping the cini's frame.... Need some stripper, primer? And some black paint (spray paint) and as close as yamaha blue paint as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

also wouldnt mind if i could pick these up at bunnings or supercrapauto.... maybe some drop sheet aswell...

to help any industrial paint stripper to work give the existing paint a good scuff with some coarse sand paper, 36 grit etc, or at least 80 grit
then paint the stripper on thick and cover the frame.
you can even wrap it in glad wrap etc to help stop it from drying out quickly
use some scotchbrite or stainless steel scourers and rubber gloves to clean it off,
then give it a pressure clean and wipe it dry with a towel, or blow it off asap.

once you get the frame back to bare metal, and file back any dags etc, make sure you etch prime it asap
give it a couple of thin coats to stop any surface rust from forming, give it a 3rd coat if you want to use it as a primer.
it's available in grey or black, so chose what's closest to the colour you are using to top coat it.
get the Zinc Rich (think it's Dymark?)

Mitre10 have it on special atm,
197 Corio St Shepparton

yeah... lol
woops.... yeah not to keen on going in to the yamaha dealer or some 35 dollar paint...... anything thats close in the link i placed?

yeah it should hold up ok
some epoxy paint would last longer, and be more chip resistant

Latest posts

Back