Painting engine covers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX-747

Reaction score
Question for anyone who has painted there engine covers
Valve,clutch,cam or any other bike related bits
What’s your method and how long has it lasted
I’m contemplating weither or not to use vht and paint my front engine cover on the anima
Just don’t want it to wash off lol but I could always get it powder coated just wanna see if any of you boys have had luck with a can instead

anyway dirt bike is a dirt and hard sport, no need paint by private use

I think any paint will wear through, just at different rates. Use a high temp paint like vht or similar, make sure surface is preped well. Apply thin coats, and make sure you bake it afterwards. If the misses won't let you use the oven, either throw it on the bbq or wait for her to go out and then use the oven :b_grind:

no professional tool to heat, no need to make paint, falling off easily

Yeah all good used vht on the exhaust and used abit of wrinkle on my intake manifold and oil filter cover thingo will see how the wrinkle holds up I used the same paint on my turbo and rocker cover on my car and they’ve held up be a year or so now so might end up painting the front cover of the Daytona if it don’t work I guess I’ll get them powder coated :confused-smiley-013

Latest posts

Back