Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have something you can spray into the carby ?
hold the throttle open spray it in, then let it close and kick it

the neutral switch in the gearbox above the sprocket isnt connected to anything.
if it is getting spark, next is fuel

popping from the carby could be timing is a bit out, or valves need adjusting

do you have something you can spray into the carby ?
hold the throttle open spray it in, then let it close and kick it

the neutral switch in the gearbox above the sprocket isnt connected to anything.
if it is getting spark, next is fuel

popping from the carby could be timing is a bit out, or valves need adjusting

It doesn't have spark yet. When the coil is connected to the loom it doesn't work any more. And I don't have a carbie on it yet. I think the valves are out too.

Didn't we work out that the wire from the cdi gives off power when it's kicked over ? And then when that wire is connected to the coil, there is no power any more. So I have no idea whats going on but something is killing the power there.

a few posts ago i suggested you take the insulation off the wires and see where the problem is
so to go any further, you'll need to check it out, and compare it to the diagram i posted

Are you sure it's the loom ? I will just buy one and see if that works. If it doesn't I will burn it.

Hi. I got my new loom and wired it in with crimps and now i'm stuck on two wires. There is a yellow with black stripe on the loom and another green one at the end where it joins onto the stator :/ What could they be for.

Also still no spark but i'm guessing those wires do something ?

can you post up pics?

black yellow from CDI is the ignition Coil, with a green for earth.
the greens are usually earths.

is the green one from the Stator, a green with red stripe ?
if so it is for a neutral only start

Hi all. I have left this bike alone for a while. I got a project car so I could sell it and make some money. That took up a lot of time so with that all done and gone, I have some spare time and money. I have also been riding my other pit bike a bit and want a second one for my little bro to ride,so I started work on this project again.

Just now aha. I was close to buying a whole new electrics system to get rid of this problem. I gave it one last go and found this yellow wire that just didn't go any where. So I cut all the wrap off and it went into the cdi for the coil. This meant there was another wire going to the coil out of this new loom. I kept cutting and it was the kill switch wire. Well this was never going to start.

So I cut some more and patched up a bit of the loom. And then... I GOT SPARK!!!!! I tried it like 4 times just to make sure it was true aha. I think this loom was just cheap but after swapping them wires, it's all good :D

So I will get a carbie on there and then I need a front wheel, fuel tank,plastics, chain,sprockets,tuck the wires,oil and spark plug and check the valve clearance. So not much aha. So happy I finally have spark though and this little bike might actually have a chance of being a bike out of all those parts.

Thanks so much to the people helped me out.This is such a great forum full of people willing to help out. so thanks :) I will keep you all updated. Thanks for reading.

Haha lol the yellow wire puts out raw energy up to 75volts
that would have certainly done it mate :p
Its always the little things.. Always look at a wiring diagram before cutting..

maybe if you can post up some pics of the wiring too
just to be sure it's not going to fry your cdi

get a pic of where the stator wires join to the main loom, then one of where the main loom joins to the cdi
and one of that yellow wire, it might be firing from the lighting coil on your stator ?

I think it's all hooked up ok. I wired it with a new loom but one wire wasn't put into the cover and it was singled out and I missed it. But I traced it through the second bit of shielding and it was to the cdi and it's the one that goes to the coil. I can't even remember what I have done to this bike but it works now.
I followed this
Wire-Diag2.png

I also need handle bars, clutch and throttle but hopefully there is a few spares in all those boxes because I have used one all ready. I will need to hunt though all these parts I have from my bikes over the years and bring them together for this bike. Pretty sure I will get this project moving along now. Thanks guys

Hi all. I got a bit done today but so much more to go. I went hunting for parts and got most of what I need. I have a few spare carbies and I used two to make one good one. I cleaned it out and fitted it up. I also found out why the intake is glued on. Some one has snapped the bolt -_- it's going to be fun to get that out.

I also found some bars and painted them with bed liner. They were pretty rough and look a bit bent so I thought the texture would help it out a bit. It's just really hard to paint with. I took some parts off the other bike and went to start it and got nothing. I think it might be the carb settings so I will try the whole carbie off the other bike tomorrow. Once it gets started I will order a bunch of new parts to make it all work nicely.

I found a good chain and went and got a new link for it and also got a bunch of bolts for it all so I will get it started and then put it all back together. I will paint a few things first though :) Thanks for reading

Latest posts

Back