PE 26mm (dhz model)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean01

Legend Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
ok picked up a PE 26mm keihin carb kit (carb, adapter, cable and filter) from DHZ and put it on a genuine thumpstar pro 125 (jialing/yx)
Genunine Honda Keihin PE26 Performace Japan Carby - DHZ Mini Moto

the jets that came installed were pretty much useless.
i think it was 125 main and 45 pilot (i think)

but anyways dialing this carb in was a dream..

at first i went the usual 36 pilot but it took ages to idle down so next i went 55 pilot and it was a little too rich on idle.
so settled with a 48 pilot, gave the mix screw a nice 2 turns.
main jet is around 95 but hard to tell as i use jet drills and compare the sizes of jets i already have..

needle clip in middle position.

took it for a razz in the driveway using all of the throttle and seemed pretty good..

i will fine tune it tomoz when we take it out riding..

so all in all, even tho its not a genuine carb it performs as it should.

i highly recommend them

ill post up pics of it installed when the bike is clean lol..

what do you mean by non-genuine carb? DHZ advertise it as a genuine Kehin Carb?

yeah there advertised as genuine but i have my suspicions that there not..

they use small round main jets when all genuine PE's iv seen/used have large hex jets..

other than tht you wouldnt pick it.. there even serialized..

i find it funny how you said dialling it in was a dream and rach couldnt work it out

hehehe

rach didn't try pbk

but i did and the 2 she was sent where junk they had casting issue's and all sorts

and a few things gave away there fakeness also like sean says the main jet is flat mikuni style, the choke is completely different and there is no remote choke setup in the box that has nothing to say that is genuine honda. where as me genuine pe came in a honda parts box with the choke setup and runs Keihn jets

dunno we were trying to tune em to a 175 with no real success

glad you got one working

rach didn't try pbk

but i did and the 2 she was sent where junk they had casting issue's and all sorts

and a few things gave away there fakeness also like sean says the main jet is flat mikuni style, the choke is completely different and there is no remote choke setup in the box that has nothing to say that is genuine honda. where as me genuine pe came in a honda parts box with the choke setup and runs Keihn jets

dunno we were trying to tune em to a 175 with no real success

glad you got one working

sounds a bit like the first oko flatslide batch apparently some of the first ones had casting issues as well

is there any performance difference between a genuine and say a dhz version?

ok so a final 1 clip notch leaner and it performed sweet. (1 above middle)
but it doesnt mind having a weep out the over flow tubes, and even after dropping the level a bit.
but it didnt show any problems through the rev range..

i think the trick with these carbs is all in the pilot... like i said i put a 48 in this one but on larger engines i recon a 55 would be better suited..

but still a perfect carb for the price..

and i dont recon there would be much if any performance difference between the copy and genuine carb..

Great review Sean01.
Now for the unavoidable comparison with an OKO flat 26mm?
What are your thoughts?
Would you have one over the other and if so why?
Not trying to jack the thread, just the OKO is the other carb in this price range and size that is very popular.
Anyone else care to offer an opinion on this?

i prefer the OKO/PWK hands down
the PE just isnt as responsive, and honestly just feels like a china carb to ride..

top end wise there comparable..

so look at it like this..

if you dont want snappy low down power go for a PE
if you want arm pulling power go the OKO/PWK

also if you ride a pretty modified engine then dont use a 1/4 or 1/8 turn throttle on a race track, some can handle it but most cant.

There is no PE26 in the original sortiment...wonder where they get this doggy thing...genuine PE´s are a breez to set up , make more HP then PWK´s and surely doesen´t drip after a few hours of running...the magic is in the right needle for them ;)

i prefer the OKO/PWK hands down
the PE just isnt as responsive, and honestly just feels like a china carb to ride..

top end wise there comparable..

so look at it like this..

if you dont want snappy low down power go for a PE
if you want arm pulling power go the OKO/PWK

also if you ride a pretty modified engine then dont use a 1/4 or 1/8 turn throttle on a race track, some can handle it but most cant.

Thanks for that sean01. Think I will stick with the OKO!

There is no PE26 in the original sortiment...wonder where they get this doggy thing...genuine PE´s are a breez to set up , make more HP then PWK´s and surely doesen´t drip after a few hours of running...the magic is in the right needle for them ;)

lol i would argue nearly every point in what you have said... but i would agree with the tuning although its no different to setting up an oko or pwk..

if i understand the first bit correctly, your saying that keihin didnt make a PE26.
Carbs

non of my carbs drip fuel, and if yours do then i guess you have an overheating problem and the fuel is boiling...any carb will do the same thing..

well ..my carbs are fine...thanks.... and here in europe, Keihin don´t have the 26 in their lineup...anyway for further tuneup tips on the PE , have a look here
minimotouniverse.com • Login

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back