Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both of the coils sound like they could be ok then.

it is just that big gap for the pickup, normally the maximum size gap they will still work at is the thickness of a business card

aight, ill try getting it a bit closer n see how i go, nearly bout to take it in to the shop to get it played with by the pro's if i cant do much more, thanks heaps for your help mate,.

got it as close as i could, was pretty much touching nearly and still nothing :( ill give spinning the magneto around but ill have to find something to make a flywheel pully out of, only got one for the standard flywheel, probly do it on the weekend some time

once you take the 2 screws out, you might be able to move the backing plate out enough to turn it without removing the flywheel ?
just tilt the bike over to the side though, as oil will go everywhere if you don't

I've had a few of these (irk) ignitions and the 1st one is still working 5 yrs on(very suprising) but the other 2 lasted literally 10 mins before giving up for no reason(fried cdi's). The easiest way to get it going is to put either a stock or ork ignition on it... You'll probably spend weeks trying to sort this Ridiculously crap ignition out only to find it is faulty.

lol yes i have spent literally weeks on it, i know the engine runs fine, i just dont understand why i cant get this going, i have had them running before aswell, dont remember it being this much of a problem, ill most likely just chuck another stock one on it in the end if i cant get it running, but my mate just spent $50 on getting the thing n now im gonna have to tell him its ****ed and you spent that money for nothing, lol,

have you messaged the seller and told him it's not firing ?

ps, your signature,
how come you spelt it wrong? Thumpstar

yeah my mate has i think, being on ebay tho i can just see them asking me to post it back so they can have a look at it, dont think they will send out a new one, they will put it on a bike themselves and try to get it wokring,
still keeping in mind that it would just be a dodgy magneto ive been sent out, like i said the CDI's fire incredibly easy so maybe its possible i fried it while wiring it up and kicking it over, so hopefully if they send out a new one ill have better luck with it

oh and as for the signature, its ment to be spelt wrong, thought it was a bit funny considering the kid that posted up that pic of the thum"B"star saying how good it was.

Latest posts

Back