Performance upgrades guidelines: Stage I-III

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I havn't heard mentioned is the oil cooler. I may be a noob to pit bikes but it looks to me like those billet ones wouldn't dissipate a lot of heat??

it is true that the billet oil coolers keep there heat but they are much stronger than the 'radiator style' oil coolers because they are prone to damage and once you damage a fin on the radiator style cooler you lose some cooling ability.

it is true that the billet oil coolers keep there heat but they are much stronger than the 'radiator style' oil coolers because they are prone to damage and once you damage a fin on the radiator style cooler you lose some cooling ability.

true!, the air hits billet cooler and jut stays there, the radiator style, the air hits and goes though taking the heat with it, if that makes sense

:bump2::bump2::bump2:

just thought i would bump this thread as i have seen a few people asking about upgrades recently.... and i wanted to add i fitted a split fire spark plug lead to the lifan 140 and found it had a stronger spark and was an easy upgrade..

hey, so after reading through this thread a few times ive decided to do a few upgrades to my bike. i have a 125cc ducar gen II engine and im looking at changing the carbi, in the post u mentioned best would be a 22mm either oko or molkt yet im having trouble finding one made by either. could your recommend any other brands? how does OEM compare?

awesome thanks.

do they come pre-tuned and jetted? if not is it hard to do...

I honestly did not check the jetting, I put it on and it ran fine but I had to adjust the mixture a little, Was a bit rich

I bought one of those blue performance CDI boxes with the led light. Got a lot more kick-back when starting. Checked the timing with a light and found the timing ran full advance even at idle. Stock CDI works and advances fine. Blue box is on the shelf.

Latest posts

Back