Phil's old Braaap Classic Bling Motor Refresh

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So I thought I'd make up a new thread for this beast, I really have a sweet spot for this bike, every time I rode it down with snaptrax even when it wasn't running completely right, it hauled so much, first time I rode it, I was scared!
Lol now to relive this but not so much bigger, just better! TB v2 head 184! Sounds good right?
Lol
So it's got the new power plant, all the way from across the pond in the UK, a whole 800 bucks, but these motors are different, not just a black painted clutch cover, the internals are extremely well machined, I should have taken photos... Ehh the gear meshing is very low tolerance, it's just different, something you won't see anywhere else, and that's what the new owner wanted, that's what he gets aye!

It's got a new mx52 rear on it and a 41 or 39 rear sprocket coming from ycf and that will make it just nuts, lol
It had a 37 and that was crazy on it, just crack the throttle any gear without any tugging on the bars it'd come up!
Bloody short wheel base!

How she sits atm

72F4D944-541D-4007-A65B-438FBE855F67_zpskznfclqe.jpg

And the new bottom end, I'll get some more photos later on in the week!

35AE5F6D-9288-4A57-825F-A49005EF858D_zpsb18fuydu.jpg

Peace for now! [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Mint build keen to see what inside that bottom end :D There's nothing like a 184 kit with a tb head.I believe that it was phil's bike that got me into minis... that things mad.

She's not a trailer queen that's for sure

I've seen Phil throw down some good laps on that bad boy

I see your buying a 39 or 41 , are you chasing more punch off the bottom ? She will be angry !

*lump in the throat*

You better build it right or I'll find you

Bahahahah I will I will mr. Phil!
So a little update, it's a roller now!!
Had to wait on some funds to get the sprocket, but 70 bucks later (shipped)
The black Ycf 41 toother is on! Loctited and ready to be broken in!
Needs a chain and a desperate clean! I'll get that sorted tomorrow, but other than that, things are shaping up!
Needs a nice DID chain tho! ;)

251B216B-FBEA-4F40-8717-5130CFF777EE_zps22k0pjnz.jpg

4CA97150-D316-489D-B484-F7B22C3B31A5_zps3ad20bya.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to break it to ya Corey, little loco won't be attending Seaview....
The piggy bank is pretty empty atm...
I'd love to be up there and kicking it with the crew!
I'm doing little bits here and there to get this beast moving... But the top end rebuild is going to cost around 500 just by itself...
So there's a big hold up atm
[emoji17] sorry to let you blokes down

What if you used that ported head you have laying around ?

Latest posts

Back