Picking a pipe good for my bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinyFennell

Reaction score
can i pick any pipe within size rang for my pitpro se 125 or do i just have to get another stock one the one on it the previous owner clearly didnt look after the bike or own a shed so need a new only because it makes it look so horrible.

Cheers.

whats the inner diameter of the inner on the pipe where it screws up to the head if that makes sense or the outer of the outlet on the head
and what is the bike based off? klx? or crf? or lxr?

Last edited:
yeah find out what bend it is first. im pretty sure the 125se's are klx bend anyway. as for the size of your pipe (diametre) it all depends on what your using it for. so if you get a wider exhaust you will have more top end, at the expense of low end. and vise-versa. just remember when buying a new pipe you will also have to re-jet your carburetor to suit. this off course you dont have to do if you buy the same stock pipe.

Yeah KLX and diamiters i dont know but im pretty sure there is a guy on here that has the same bike as me and knows a lot about them jsut cant rememebr the guys name. but know its KLX would that help also i want it to be quick in 2nd 3rd

the 2nd 3rd yes it may slightly but it could also be a carby thing
so what is the bike like a 125 140 150 160 ........ atomik dhz pitpro ect ect

well what rpm are you looking for? low or high? high being power band. if you want more power in 2nd and 3rd I would look at a larger diametre pipe. you'll have to measure your pipes width first to know what diametre your new pipe should be.

the best thing to do is to trailer the bike into the shops..
i dont think a different pipe will affect the power of the motor unless it has a little expansion chamber and is not restrictive...
backpressure is the **** you want to get rid of by any means possible.. thats like putting glue on your bearings making the motor harder to spin... cam grinds is what you want to modify the power

Its a PitPro SE 17-14 KLX 125. i would like to have more power in 2nd and 3rd if i cant find one ill just get a stock one.

well what rpm are you looking for? low or high? high being power band. if you want more power in 2nd and 3rd I would look at a larger diametre pipe. you'll have to measure your pipes width first to know what diametre your new pipe should be.
im not the smartest but can 4 strokes even have powerband

the bigger bore pipe might help de-restrict it a bit.

powerband, yeah the 4 strokes sort of have it.
it is just where the cam makes it's most power.
but it's not as noticeable as a 2 stroke bike.

the best thing to do is to trailer the bike into the shops..
i dont think a different pipe will affect the power of the motor unless it has a little expansion chamber and is not restrictive...
backpressure is the **** you want to get rid of by any means possible.. thats like putting glue on your bearings making the motor harder to spin... cam grinds is what you want to modify the power

So how do i go about doing the cam grinds

the bigger bore pipe might help de-restrict it a bit.

powerband, yeah the 4 strokes sort of have it.
it is just where the cam makes it's most power.
but it's not as noticeable as a 2 stroke bike.

2 strokes the little barsteds get me on the straights everytime its aiight i take it back on the corners. if i go too big bore wont it sound crap like splattering and sh!t

Latest posts

Back