Pit Bike Frame Destruction Pics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_THUMP

Reaction score
This is the Pit Bikes Frame Destruction thread MK11. I started the original one a while back but unfortunately it went missing in action so I thought its about time for a new one. There were a lot of pics posted by other members that are now gone as well so if you have any pics of broken and snapped frames then post them up here and add to the collection. This thread is the slightly demented sibling of http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/26333-pit-bike-frame-p-rn-5.html

A Motovert after attempting a 360 and landing awkwardly

misc_5951.jpg

misc_5952.jpg

An AGB27 doin what it does best 'Failing'
Orion.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

riding020sr1.jpg

Last edited:
MSO frame from one of their older models: This was a common problem with these frames which were also on a few other brand bikes. Photos courtesy of Snitchy and his son Zak
shitpics008.jpg

shitpics007-1.jpg

and another one of those frames from another bike
DSC01012.jpg

hmm, i should see if i can find a piccy of my swinga that i snapped.. untill then picture a 13 ( i think) year old me riding a cheap 125 (dont know the brand) hitting a small jump on a mx track then landing and the wheel falling out from behind, turn around and the 2 arms of the swinga and the rear wheel being held to your bike by ya rear brake line:p

been a while since i visited, guess this picture will show you why.
im in the re-build process (again)

some of you may remember the build i did on this bike, well a few months ago this happened :(

Started like this....
Photo124-4.jpg

Photo233.jpg

Photo234.jpg

i like this thread its one of my favourites^.^ i have seen a cr250s swingarm snap clean in half years bak

i like this thread its one of my favourites^.^ i have seen a cr250s swingarm snap clean in half years bak

yer iv seen pics of a few usa fmx riders cr250s swingers snapping suppobsley its because of people powdercoating them and having the heat in the oven to hot
witch makes the alloy weaker (dont no if its true )

Well this aint a pit bike but I like this pic so I thought id post it up. Its a CR500AF like the ones from Service Honda.

ba9fac1b.jpg

Very nice , what model frames do they usually use?

Im not sure exactly but I think its a 450F with some modding done to it. I think this one may have even been a backyard job somewhere in Italy or something but its not a Service Honda. It was on a CR500 ride day somewhere and I heard the rider was doing some big jumps all day and when they looked back over the photos taken throughout the day they could see the frame starting to give way. I cant remember where I saw it now but it will come to me.

Last edited:
yer iv seen pics of a few usa fmx riders cr250s swingers snapping suppobsley its because of people powdercoating them and having the heat in the oven to hot
witch makes the alloy weaker (dont no if its true )

not true...but a fairly well known myth, shame too cause i know alot of people who have opted for paint over powder and IMHO powder just looks the sht!

Broken twin spar Thumpstar frame :

SnItChY's son Zac's frame was a DHZ twin pipe ...

This is the best pic ... I always get a good laugh out of it ...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/i_thump/Bikes/100_1728Medium.jpg

Cheers Cactus, that was one pic that was missing :coolthumb: Layin upside down like its a bmx bike sitting out the front of the local milk bar lol. Well I guess it had to be upside down otherwise it would break in 2 like that 500 in the previous pic or the engine would just be resting on the ground lol.

For some reason I thought Zaks bike was an MSO but I must have got them confused. MSO had the same frame on some of their models around the same time didnt they? The frames had that same weak spot above the engine mounts?

while we are on this subject, i have cracks in the welds of my DHZ DPRO 160, where should i look for a replacement frame?

while we are on this subject, i have cracks in the welds of my DHZ DPRO 160, where should i look for a replacement frame?

Which part of the frame are the cracks starting to show? Did you buy the bike new and how much use has it had? Do you jump it big?

You could get in contact with Ken to let him know and see what he can do for you and what frames he has in stock.

When a frame fails its not always the total fault of the frame itself. Shit suspension or poorly setup suspension is also to blame because it puts a lot more stress on the frame every time they bottom out.

Latest posts

Back