Pit Bike Issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakesSA

Reaction score
Hi Guys, im new here (Will introduce myself). I recently purchased a 150cc Pit Bike (Chinese im assuming). Got the bike for next to nothing due to it needing some work. According to the seller, the bike needed oil ring because of the smoke and clutch lever. I replaced the clutch lever to test it. took ages to get it started and still takes very very long. Since I purchased the bike I only got to ride it for a total of 5 minutes. My issues are:

1. Bike struggles to start

2. When started, I only get to ride for a few seconds before it dies on me, I can start it once more, but then dies again then doesnt want to start at all.

3. bike smokes, white smoke.

Any help would be highly appreciated as im new to this.

Thanks

Welcome to Miniriders,

You might want to check the valve clearances, they might be a bit tight ?
Set them to .003" for the inlet and .004" for the exhaust

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

Sound's like the pilot jet or pilot circuit has a blockage.
Might pay to pull the carby off and strip it down, let it soak overnight in some Yamalube carby cleaner or similar.

acc_carbc_le_nrx001__96677_zoom.jpg

Pull all the jet's out, the mixture screw, and needle etc.
Give them all a decent clean, checking all the holes are open/clear before reassembling it, and give it a good blow thropugh with compressed air.
Make sure the air filter is clean, and that the foam is oiled before you try starting it too

Are you on the SA facebook pitty pages ?

Cheers, Craig

Thanks Craig, Will give it a try tonight, your help is appreciated. And no im not. I will check FB for them. Will keep you posted on the results but please be aware that I'm married, hence my progress will take some time cors i will only get to do this when my wife is asleep. might have to slip some sleeping pilss into her drink. hahaha

Sorry, my mistake.
When i saw your username JakeSA, i though you might have been from South Australia, i'm from South Australia (SA), but now i have just noticed you're in South Africa.
I'm married with kids too, so i know what you mean by not having a lot of time to work on bikes etc, lol

This is our Introduce Yourself thread too

Latest posts

Back