Pit bike Performance upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out west 140

Reaction score
Hey guys i am only a newbie to the pit bike game and i was wondering what engine upgrades would be best to do to my DHZ 140 first? I was going to put a flat slide carby on there for increased throttle response and a Kitaco clone inner rotor for a faster rev limiter. Any advice would be appreciated.

nice idea's bike should hook then

have you got new tyres for it yet lol
as the stocks are sh*t

Depends on wat sort of riding you do but an oil slinger gives your bike a lot more throttle response but less torque

Yeah it came with kenda carlsbads as stock. They are great tires but it will be interesting to see how they hold up if it goes any harder.

out west 140 go with what you have stated, very good choice. once you have that see what its like. if it aint got enough power you can get more after that

Hey guys i am only a newbie to the pit bike game and i was wondering what engine upgrades would be best to do to my DHZ 140 first? I was going to put a flat slide carby on there for increased throttle response and a Kitaco clone inner rotor for a faster rev limiter. Any advice would be appreciated.

Flatslide do Jacksh*t and IRK...mm...well when you do street racing:p
Put an 57mm Piston inside and change the cam to a Take Z40!!:D
carbadvice: orig VM 26 with 185 main, 17.5 pilot and needle second position down and it will fly;)

Flatslide do Jacksh*t and IRK...mm...well when you do street racing:p
Put an 57mm Piston inside and change the cam to a Take Z40!!:D
carbadvice: orig VM 26 with 185 main, 17.5 pilot and needle second position down and it will fly;)

Gday, I agree with your flatslide advice,,,,,,,he probably got the flaty from a 2 stroker,,,,,mate,,if he has it will need to have a small notch cut in the bottom of the slide and he will piddle around with jetting and other air adjustments for weeks,,,,, tell me more about this,,,take z40 cam, and where I can get one, I have a lifan 150 (stock56.5 mm piston), with a takegawa r 20 cam, rockers retainers and double valve springs. Plus my special port flow job, and lightened valves, can you give me combustion chamber/compression advice?
I am after a really agressive camshaft, suitable for 15 + hp,,,,,can you help me,,,,,,

no , the flatside is a great idea
if anyone has read (50's brotherhood december issue)
it had a artical "unlock the box" on one of the mso elites
they put a 28mm flat side OKO on and said it had the perfect jetting for the 140.

get a 28mm

also pm for prices on the irk and the carby(ill beat ebay prices)

mmm yeah dhz 140 are a good bike and there are lots of upgrade's to do
have a look what i am gonna do to mine
ohhh how much ya pay for ya dhz??

hahahaha...a 28mm is waaay to big for it, if the engine is not ported!!

I am pretty sure he has ridden it, he has probably worn it out by now. Dont any of you guys read the dates? He asked this question 4 MONTHS AGO.

^^^^^ hehehehe hehehehe

it makes me larf ,there's dates boys when the thread or post was put up
just b4 you post have a looky see what the date is ,might save you getting flammed for bumpin old post's

tho when i was new i was also a old post bumper hehehe

keeping the dream Alive

but its good, because it means some people are reading quiet a few OLDER threads, like if people dont read them they will make new 1s evry month or so about a subject that we have had b4. So what would u want less repetitive threads or old threads getting bumped ????

????

hey ppl erm jus got a lil 40cc but my mates r always beating me on theres jus wonderin what i can do to make its faster and can i fit a turbo?any sites u recomend b great thnx!!

Latest posts

Back