Pit Bike - Stator plate problem please help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tipzy

Reaction score
Okay everyone, i need to take my old stator plate off since it broke but there is one problem... The screws seem too be really banged/mashed up and its quite hard to get the stator plate off since the screws are messed, obviously im using a impact driver haha, any suggestions?
Thanks anyone who helps greatly!
Top screw
topscr.jpg

Bottom screw:
Bottomscr.jpg

001.jpg

Welcome to miniriders mate, you can get a centre punch with a good sharp point(grind it to a point) and position it on the side of the screw and tap in the anti clockwise direction after making a (you wont be reusing the screws ) or you can drill the head off the screw also as it will leave plenty of exposed thread on the screw for gripping with vise grips or pliers when the stator plate is removed

Last edited:
Welcome to miniriders mate, you can get a centre punch with a good sharp point(grind it to a point) and position it on the side of the screw and tap in the anti clockwise direction after making a (you wont be reusing the screws ) or you can drill the head off the screw also as it will leave plenty of exposed thread on the screw for gripping with vise grips or pliers when the stator plate is removed

Hey thanks for the info mate!
Just one quick question, If i drill the head off then get it out, where can i get more screws that will fit the stator plate? Are they specially designed screws for a stator plate only or are they just screws what you can buy anywhere?
Thanks! :thumbup: :D

Mate, if it was me, I'd get myself an impact driver and use that. As for the screws they are pretty standard, worse case you may have to knock the end of the new ones to make them shorter.

yeah there a standard screw you can get from anywere, if you live out of town and cant access some PM me and ill send you some, we have heaps at work and wont mind helping you out, or you can take the left over thread to a bolt shop and they will match the thread pitch for you mate, you know what the head looks like so just explain it to them, but yeah the offer is there.

Have you checked to make sure the rest of the engine is ok? Looks like she is a little rough.

Have you checked to make sure the rest of the engine is ok? Looks like she is a little rough.

I just went back through those photos.... Man something has been ground up real good in there. The pic showing the bottom screw, if you look underneath it it looks to me like a pile of shredded metal, could be wrong though, looks can be deceiving. Make sure you give it a good clean up b4 you remove the plate, you don't want any of that crap moving to the other side of the motor, it's bad enough where it is.

Try putting your screw driver on the screw as normal and smack the end of it with a hammer, this can sometimes loosen it with the shock, remember to push up against the screw as hard as you can. This exact same thing happened to me while removing the plate. I ended up buying a easy out, they work well.

Looks to me like the bike has been ridden without the magneto cover on it.
I was thinkn around the same thing, maybe the chain has thrown before and alot of people will leave the old cracked cover on there, not saying this has happened but i see it alot at work on these chinas.

drill the heads off, then once you remove the stator the remains of the screws should actually be finger tight.. as worst you may just need pliers to unscrew them..

m6x1.0 x 10mm long, obviously there a counter sunk bolt... you can get them to suit star screw driver or allen key heads... choice is yours

Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it!
I eventually got it off, with ALOT of hard work lol. Once again thanks alot!

Latest posts

Back