Pit Bike won't start! *FIXED*

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark._.lmao

Reaction score
Hi guys! So.. in the first place i want to apologize for my bad english but i desperately need help!!!
So i have a 125cc (i think its a yx 125 engine) pitbike for about 7 months or so and ever since then i didn't have big problems with it that i couldn't fix myself..
But ever since it got warm outside it started to run like crap and as it got warmer and warmer at one point it it doesn't even want to start anymore! It ran perfectly fine in cold weather as it started first kick every time.
Ever since i have the bike i replaced:
-New piston with rings ( as it was smoking )
-New tranny with shift drum
-New stator ( IRK )
-New cdi ( blue "racing" one lmao )
-New coil and spark plug
All those from above were replaced a few months ago and the bike ran great..
But now ever since it got warm outside i had problems with idling and as i sad now its not even starting. I honestly don't know what can cause that.
When it stopped working i went ahead and replaced:
- The cam chain ( as it was loose.. and at first i tought that might be the problem but it wasn't )
- New head wich didn't fit because it has a 28 tooth sproket and mine is a 32 tooth.. so i just replaced the rocker arms, cam shaft and valves with the springs and seal's.
- New woodruff key, and i tried starting it with my bro's 140cc lifan stator..
I did the timing correct and set the valve's at 4thou ( 0.10mm) intake, 6thou (0.15mm) exhaust and still nothing...
It just backfires loud trough carby and thats it.
I tried pouring gas and spraying some *start ya bastard* directly trough intake manifold and it just backfires..
I am so done with this bike... i honestly don't know what to do anymore... i just wanna ride with the boys:((

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

sounds like timing is incorrect

Yeah man that's what i thought but the timing was spot on.
Turns out it was the goddamn "racing" cdi box🙄
It was sparking good but at the wrong time

Anyway thanks for replying man, cheers

Latest posts

Back