Pit Pro 140cc Bigfoot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitty

Reaction score
Hey Guys thought that I should do a review for my Pit Pro 140cc Bigfoot. Got the bike a few days ago and I must say I love it. It has great power in both the bottom and top end, and is really fun to ride. I am 6ft5 and around 80kgs, and it hauls me along just fine. Haven’t had the shock bottom out yet, although I haven’t really tried yet. Nothing has broken yet apart from a bolt I snapped as it was over tightened as I tried to remove it.

Build
Building it up was pretty easy, the only annoying thing was getting the rear brake lever on as well as the foot pegs, those springs are really annoying. Also loctited every bolt/nut/screw I could find. Took me 3 nights to do it as I still have to do school work. Only bad thing was that there were no real instructions, it was kind of look at pics on the net and see how things fit and in what order things go. Although it was pretty simple. I lubed everything up with some multipurpose lube and some chain oil on the chain.

Run In
Left in the lightweight shipping oil it came with and ran that with for the 1st tank. Drained that out after the 1st tank and put in some 20w50 non synthetic, as I couldn’t find non synthetic in 10w40. Ran it pretty easy with the shipping oil in, going through all the gears and using the gears to slow down the bike as well as the brake. After that I put in some 20w50 mineral oil from shell, and it runs like a dream.

Specs
Frame: Revolutionary designed trellis braced chromolly frame with KLX midsize geometry; light, rigid and innovative
Swing Arm: Revised extended and strengthened Pro Link alloy swing arm
Front Suspension: Heavy duty up-side-down (USD) front forks (BLACK) - longer travel than stock
Rear Suspension: Piggy-back reservoir rear shock absorber with heavy duty spring
Rear Wheel: 14" BLACK double walled rim, heavy duty spokes (32), 15mm high tensile axle, MX knobby tyre
Front Wheel: 17" BLACK double walled rim, heavy duty spokes (32), 15mm high tensile axle, MX knobby tyre
Handle bars: BLACK Pro alloy handle bars
Handle bar grips: Half waffle design soft grips
Controls: Alloy spring loaded folding brake & clutch levers
Triple clamp: SILVER adjustable alloy triple clamp assembly
Front brake: Front hydraulic disc brake, wave rotor, braided line
Rear brake: Chromolly over-the-top brake pedal with billet end tip. Rear hydraulic disc brake, wave rotor, braided line
Foot pegs: Chromoly reinforced foot peg mount with stainless steel foot pegs
Body specs: KLX style plastics, 3M decal kit, tall foam BLACK mx seat
Exhaust and muffler: 30mm alloy performance exhaust system
Maximum load: 110kg
Maximum speed: 85km/h approx (depends on rider weight, and conditions)
G.W./N.W.:> 70/65kg
Seat height: 860mm
Wheel Base: 1300mm
Fuel capacity: 3L
Other features: Alloy gear lever, BLUE billet fuel cap, KMC chain, alloy sprocket, BLACK alloy bash plate
Engine Specifications
Brand: Lifan
Engine Model: Genuine 140cc Lifan Race Engine
Engine Type: Single cylinder, 4 stroke, oil cooled, horizontal cylinder
Compression Ratio: 9:1
Bore/Stroke: 55mm bore x 59mm stroke (Genuine 140.23cc displacement)
Carburetor: 30mm Mikuni carbie with matching manifold
Magneto Type: Electronic lightened flywheel with racing ignition system
Ignition: CDI
Starting System: Kick only
Spark Plug Type: CR7HSA
Clutch Type: Wet multi plate, heavy duty, mounted on main shaft
Transmission Gear Type: 4-speed Manual, all gears up, N1234
Cooling: Air
Oil Cooling: High flow billet alloy oil cooler with braided lines, fed directly from the crankcase oil pump
Maximum Output (HP): Capable of up to 16HP
Fuel Type: High octane unleaded fuel (95 or higher)
Engine Oil Grade: Non synthetic 10W/40SF 4-stroke oil
Engine Oil Capacity: 1100ml approx

Pretty much everything about the bike, really easy to ride and just a lot of fine. A bit easy for someone my height to ride compared to the conventional pit bike of 14” and 12” tyres. But that’s just me. Has a very nice sound, and certainly gets up and goes.

Dislikes

The lack if instructions, well there aren’t any, only things on how to maintain the bike etc. I had to look on the net for pics, but it was pretty simple. Also the front and rear brakes are a little weak. Also the chain is very noisy, this could be because of bad tightening or just a crap quality chain. Will defiantly be upgrading that later.

Conclusion
Great bike for someone who doesn’t want to spend a lot, someone who just wants to bash arround on a pit bike or someone who is a little tall like me bit still likes pit bikes. Future upgrades will be Pro Tapers, New Chain, Bleed the Brakes and Replace the oil in them, New Brake Pads as brakes are pretty soft, I may have just set them up wrong. Any questions you have about the bike or any feedback appreciated. I will update the info later on. Anyway here are some pics.

Cheers,
Alex
04112008134.jpg

04112008133.jpg

04112008131.jpg

04112008129.jpg

there a good bike for the money and they go hard, if ya want a bit more speed out of it change the front sprocket to a 16 or a 17, i've got a 16 on mine and it makes 1st gear more usable dont really notice any loss of bottom end power either, thinkin of changin the back to a 39 as well

i have the exact same bike but in the blue and white,good bike goes hard, good quility,also the service from pitpro is magnificent very helpfull. if u want the bike to go a little bit harder take out the spark arrester in the exhaust muffler.
great bike and reccomend to all

yehh i dunno much about da widowmaker ive only seen it for sale once on ebay
im sure that it will go hard with the YX 150
it would be awsome if someone can chuck up a review

yer these bikes are great for the money just picked one up on saturday just woundering is the spark arrestor the mesh shit in the end of the exhaust

yeh, im pretty sure it is just that mesh crap in the end of the exhaust. Not sure on how to remove it tho, havent tried.

i just ended up getting a pair of needle nose pliers nd ripping it out but cant tell any difference

Latest posts

Back